Inspired

Days have passed since my encounter with Vera, and her image lingers in my mind like the sweetest of melodies. Her face, a constant reminder that even Gods can yearn for something more. Each thought of her sends an unfamiliar ache through my chest, an ache that I have never known before. It's a yearning, a longing to share my world with her, to break the boundaries that have kept Gods and mortals apart.

Tonight, under the celestial canvas, I find myself pacing the marbled halls of Olympus, my heart thumping with a mix of determination and anxiety. I need to see her again, to know if what I felt was real. But the rules are clear: Gods do not meddle with mortals beyond their divine duties. To bring Vera to my would would be to defy the very fabric of our existence.

I enter the grand chamber of Olympus, the marbled floors echoing my hesitant steps. Before me, the council of Gods sit in judgment, their eyes ancient and knowing. Zeus, with his commanding presence; Athena, wisdom shining in her eyes; Apollo, radiant as the sun she governs; and Artemis, fierce in her lunar beauty.

Clearing my throat, I kneel before them. "Great Gods of Olympus," I begin, my voice steady despite the turmoil within. "I come before you with a request that weighs heavily on my heart."

Athena, her eyes reflecting the wisdom of the ages, speaks first. "Speak, Cupid, what brings you to our council?"

Swallowing my pride, I say "I seek your council and your blessing. There's a mortal, Vera, who has captivated my soul. She is remarkable. I ask for the chance to bring her to our realm, to share with her the wonders of our world."

Zeus, his brow furrowed, responds with the weight of thunder in his tone. "Cupid, you know well the laws that bind us. Mortals cannot tread upon our sacred ground without consequence. Their lives are fleeting; ours are eternal."

Athena, being the voice of reason, adds "To blur the lines between our worlds would set a dangerous precedent. The balance must be maintained."

Hermes, the messenger God, leans forward with interest. "But what of love? Is it not a force that binds all, mortal and divine?"

Apollo, the God of the arts, adds "Perhaps there is a way, a path through trials that could test the strength of their bond."

My heart leaps at the possibility. "Please, tell me more. I would face any challenge, endure any trial for her."

The Gods exchange glances, their expression unreadable as the stars above. Finally, Apollo speaks "Cupid, your plea has touched us. If your intentions are true, then prove it through trial."

Athena nods thoughtfully. "Six trials, each one designed to test your love and devotion. If you both emerge victorious and her love is true, she will be granted eternal life to be by your side."

Zeus rises, his presence commanding the room. "The trials will test strength, courage, wisdom, sacrifice, trust and finally love. Only through success in all can the path to eternity be forged."

Still kneeling before them as they rise one by one, I lower my head in a bow. "Thank you."

Laying back in my garden, I gaze into the pool, my window to the mortal realm. There she is-Vera, her laughter a melody that stirs even my ancient heart. She's the picture of carefree joy, surrounded by friends in the golden glow of the afternoon sun. 

For eons, I've woven that fates of lovers, a silent guardian of affection, yet my own heart remained untouched, unclaimed, a solitary beast amidst a symphony of united souls. The irony isn't lost on me-I, who am called to kindle the flames of love in others, have only the flickering embers of solitude to keep me company.