25♣︎♣︎

Daryian had his attention on his daughter as she ate a dinner of boiled potatoes and eggs. An attention that was soon snatched by his mom coming into the house and his dad behind her, looking like some crappy shit. This was his mission. To see if his dad was really all nonchalant to his slow but deadly blows.

Callix scoffed at him. "The nerve to come back here"

"You asked me to, didn't you?", Daryian asked, his form hunched over with his hands on the table for support. He smiled. "You shouldn't have taken Halyn in the first place if you didn't want to see me"

Brenda rapidly walked over to him, she placed her hands on him and pushed him back. Daryian only moved a few steps back from the push. She pushed him again. "Daryian, what is wrong with you. Do you want to destroy all that Callix has worked for?", another push. "The Keanes lineage worked for what you are putting in ruins. How could you!", she hit her fists on his chest severally, tears forming in her eyes.

Daryian pushed her hands off. "Talk straight let me get what you are saying"

Brenda glared at him with sad eyes. "Who is all these for?. Who is instigating this?. Do you want to kill me before my time!", she broke down in a sob and her husband came to her from behind, hugging her weeping form to his body.

Callix looked at his son. He seemed to be confused, genuinely. Seemed. "A call came from the office. The workers all suddenly retreated from the apartment site"

Oh.

"Is that your doing?. Currently, you are powerful enough to pull such strings"

He did pull them but he didn't know the contractors will be this fast to leave his father's projects. Quick money does work fast. "I forgot", was all he could say.

His mother's gasp was followed by louder sobs immediately. Callix stared at his son with so many thoughts. This son of his can ruin him with the snap of his fingers. He is a rich man, a very rich one, but it seems like his son has accumulated a kind of wealth that can buy his.

Halyn looked in-between them while silently eating. Like she wanted to make herself as invisible as possible. If any of them should remember she was here, they would feel bad.

"Your company is taking 70% of the profit, are they not?. So.. so why are you putting it on hold?", Callix asked. "On hold, because I rather not believe that you are deliberately hindering it. It's worth billions. The site will be a hit. It's popular and the designs for the structures are old money. What the fuck is wrong here, Daryian Keane?"

Daryian pursed his lips. Why do they think he can't deliberately ruin them?. His goal is to make lots of profits from his rich dad and have him under him. He can do whatever he wants with his father in that situation. Or could he be wrong?.

Can his father still have a say even when under him?.

It's not totally impossible.

I should try first.

"Dad, I only offered a few thousands and they were ready to leave it. It's your fault that you didn't get trusted contract workers. Not mine"

"Flaunting your so called wealth now?"

"Yeah", Daryian affirmed with a simple nod. Brenda should be happy he is such a wealthy man now. But how can she be when it's directed at her husband?.

"If your wealth is going to be a cause for problems in this house, then I don't need it. I don't want a rift in my family, Dary", Brenda sincerely said, those tears still wetting her beautiful face.