"You don't know me, but I know you."

Dreamers.

A rare type of magic user, having the ability to see 'visions' in their dreams.
Sometimes they're able to 'visit' other Dreamers in their own dreams.

Venus was one of these Dreamers, he didn't figure it out till after the blizzard, maybe that's just how this worked? Dreamers, as far as he knew from the books the rest of the Hyphies managed to salvage and recover from The Blizzard, were extremely rare, barely any information was known about them.
How would he know how Dreamers became Dreamers?!
Were they born like it but only discover it later in life?
Did they have to go through a passage of strength just like Guardians?
Or is it spontaneous and random?
He had a feeling it was the last option.

Being the Guardian's assistant, and best friend, was a dream come true.
(Almost literally)
Wisp, one of the only constants in this cold world.
He would do anything for her.
Apparently that meant being prone to migraines and fatigue.
Who knew having magic too strong for you would hurt? No wonder the Hyphies were so wary of magic throughout history.
But alas, Venus would do anything for Wisp.
(Even if that meant risking his entire life)

Today, Venus had another weird dream.
He had a vision, one unlike any other he's had before.
He saw a cat.
Definitely a cat, Hyphies had heart-shaped paw pads.
This one had oval pads, this was definitely a cat.
(Curse biology for making Cats and Hyphies so similar to eachother, they're barely distinguishable!!)
This cat was... different.
One eye, wasn't even an eye.
Instead, in it's place, was a star.
A star eerily similar to the ones in his own fur, on his forehead and at the back of his scruff.
The cat had black fur, with red undertones, and a solemn look on their face.
Venus, seemingly paralysed on the floor, of this deep, dark, depressing abyss, couldn't help but look at the glowing star that replaced this Cat's eye.

The cat slowly and cautiously padded forward, their face scrunched up with concern.
They tried to speak, but couldn't. As if something was holding them back.
All they could do was stare at Venus back.
The two had a mutual understanding of eachother, none of them could speak, but they knew what they wanted to say to eachother.

"Why do you feel familiar?"

—-
Ao3 got my cool-ass authors notes, Wattpad gets the actual designs of these two

—-Ao3 got my cool-ass authors notes, Wattpad gets the actual designs of these two

Here's Eden!

And Venus! This exact art is the cover because why not

And Venus!
This exact art is the cover because why not

these two pics are old
my art style has upgraded lmao