Chapter Twenty-One

It had been a few days since Halloween, meaning it had been a few days since they'd been outside. They decided to take Bridie on a peaceful autumn walk with them. They were surrounded by the beauty of the autumn colors and the sounds of nature.
   As they continued their walk, they talked, they felt the autumn air on their skin, they heard the leaves rustling in the distance, and they saw the sun shining in between the trees. They were surrounded by everything that made this day a perfect autumn day.
    They eventually came across a peaceful park, they had decided this was the perfect place to let Bridie off her lead and let her run around and play.

    The beautiful, warm hearted golden retriever was having a great time, running through the park, chasing after the leaves as they fell from the trees. She was filled with joy, filled with love, and filled with excitement.

   Atlas walked over to Bridie. "Come here girl!" his voice soft as he called to her.

   The golden retriever started jumping up and down, excited that she finally had someone to come and play with her. Atlas started to pick up leaves, throwing them around for the dog to chase. Bridie was in heaven, running, jumping, and having the time for her life.

   Is this what heaven looks like? Emery thought to herself.  It must be, I have Atlas, and I have Bridie, and I have this perfect autumn day.