Chapter 13 - Invite

When I entered the common room, Ominis was sat rather cozily on the sofa with Grace, at the other end of the common room, Sebastian was sat with his head in a book. Imelda sat at a table near him, playing wizards chess with the boy whose second name was 'Andrews'.

I approached Imelda and pulled a chair up beside her.

"Hey Lily." She said not taking her eyes off the game. While she was engrossed, I snuck a look towards Sebastian. His brows furrowed as he read. As I stared, his eyes darted towards mine and I looked away quickly, blushing but was certain I saw him smirk.

"Check mate, Reyes!" Andrews shouted gleefully.

"Blast you, Andrews!" Imelda huffed leaning back in her chair and folding her arms.

"Another round?" He asked. Imelda looked at me, almost like she had forgotten, I had been sat there.

"Tomorrow." She said. The boy stood up flashed us both a grin and walked away. "Come on then, spill the beans, how was the date?" She asked.

"Yeah it was good." I shrugged. Her eyes narrowed and she smirked.

"Did you get a snog?"

"Imelda! Really?" I cringed at the word she used.

"What? I want deets now!" She demanded leaning forward.

"Not here." I muttered, nodding my head towards Sebastian, who seemed engrossed in his book but there was no way I was discussing my date in earshot of him. Imelda followed my gaze and then jerked her head towards the dorms. As we headed towards them, I saw Ominis and Grace still sat rather cozily together, smiling and talking quietly to each other.

"Eurgh, gross!" Imelda pulled a face. I looked away and walked faster towards my dorm. As soon as we were inside, Imelda pounced on me.

"Spill, now!"

"Ok, well he went to kiss me but I pulled away-"

"What? Garreth Weasley went in for a kiss and you rejected him!" Imelda raised her eyebrows.

"Well not exactly, don't forget I've never kissed anyone before, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a quick peck after. It was just quite awkward with Ominis sat in there, on his date as well." I stared down at my shoes.

"Ha! Forgot he had a date. Who'd have thought, Ominis Gaunt, dating." Imelda laughed. "But as long as you had a good time? And well done for taking it slow. Good that someones finally making Weasley work for it." I chuckled, heading over to my bed.

"Ominis looks like he's having fun." I muttered.

"Probably showing off purpose." Imelda replied getting herself ready for bed.

"Huh?" I enquired but Imelda shrugged.

"Don't matter." I let it slide. I climbed into bed. Would Ominis walk me to breakfast? Or was that over? Would I lose him? Worries began flooding my head and when I finally drifted off, the nightmares returned, rearing its head like an ugly beast.

Fig, dying, I was unable to save him, his eyes wide, I screamed.

"Lily! Lily, it's ok, open your eyes!" My eyes flew open. Imelda was hovering over me, her hands cupping my face. I was sweating and my breathing was coming in fast.

"Imelda!" I cried wrapping my arms around her, crying into the crook of her neck.

"I know, I know, it's ok." She stroked my hair, soothing me.

"Is she ok?" Neridas voice asked.

"She's fine, go back to bed." Imelda instructed. After I had calmed down, I checked the time, 5am.