Chapter 17 : Hashira's

Kyoka POV

It'd been two weeks since I parted ways with Muzan, and life was already hell.

The Demon Slayer Corp. had been looking for me for the past 2 months and the moment I stepped foot back on the cold ground, I'd been surrounded by demon slayers.

I'd been taken to the Demon Slayer Corp. headquarters and now I was just waiting for a Hashira meeting.

"How ya doing?" Kazuki opened the door to the room I'd been given. "Ok. I guess..." I placed the hairpin Muzan had given me down on the table. "They said that the meeting should happen any day now." Kazuki sat down across from me. "Why don't you come outside and play with Mio? She's been bored." He smiled. "No, I don't want to," I said, grabbing the hairpin and holding it close. "Can I see?" He held his hand out and I placed the hairpin in his hand.

"Where'd ya get it?" He examined the hairpin. "Muzan gave it to me," I mumbled. "Oh really?" He snarked and threw it on the ground. "What's so special about it? It reeks of demon." The crunch of the hairpin shattering when he stepped on it was like I'd died 1000 deaths.

Kazuki POV

Tears began streaming down Kyoka's face.

She needs to learn a lesson.

"You damn bastard! That was one of a kind! I can't get another one! And even if I did, it wouldn't be special anymore." She screamed.

Her eyes were full of hatred. She pinned me against the wall and raised her fist but before she could do anything, a deafening scream came from outside.

Mio.

Kyoka dashed out the door, screaming something incomprehensible.

Kyoka POV

Mio's in trouble! I gotta save her!

I dashed through the hallways and ran outside.

A white-haired guy held Mio by the hair and had stabbed her arm with his sword. I whipped my kunai knives out and pointed one at him.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing!" I screamed at him. "You mess with my sister you go through me," I growled.

Sanemi POV

I slowly pulled the sword out of the little girl's arm. She screamed and squirmed around. "Shut the- I was pinned to the ground, the girl's kunai knife pressed against my neck. "Touch my sister again and it's the last thing you'll ever do." She hissed in my ear.

"Kyoka! Get off him!" A black-haired boy kicked the girl off me. "Kazuki what the hell!? Did you see what he did to Mio!?" The girl stood up, grabbing her kunai knives.

"Now now, we can't have you hurting other demon slayers, let alone a Hashira!" I heard Shinobu's familiar voice. I rubbed the dirt off my face and picked up my sword.

Kyoka POV

What the hell? I didn't detect her at all.

I dodged her sword that was aimed at my arm.

Kazuki was cradling Mio in his arms and trying his best to stop the bleeding.

"Kunai knives? Now that's an interesting weapon to use." The butterfly girl said. "You call yourselves Hashira!?" I snarked. "You don't live up to that damn title." I flipped over her and landed a blow to her shoulder.

"What are you yapping about!?" Another Hashira appeared. He had a snake around his neck. The sudden appearance made me vulnerable for a second, and the butterfly girl stabbed me in the shoulder.

"Don't touch my sister!" Kazuki placed Mio on the ground and drew his sword.

"Your weapon is built for close combat but what do you do when your opponent has a long-range weapon." The girl smirked. "Never give up!" I kicked her in the face and leaped backward.

"We can't be hurting the one lead to defeating the demons once and for all, now, can we?" A voice said from behind us.

I threw my kunai knife without looking and saw that it had whizzed right passed his head.

Shit, I missed.

"Hey, you goddamn- The white-haired guy covered my mouth and grabbed my hands. He pressed my body against the ground and bowed. I squirmed around, desperately trying to escape his grip.

"Sanemi, take your hand off her mouth but don't let go of her." The guy said. He took his hand off my mouth and he wrapped his hands around my body.

Just like how Muzan used to.

Tears welled in my eyes. The mere thought of Muzan was too much to handle. "Let me go p-please." I stuttered. This only made his grip tighter.

I watched as other Hashira began to arrive. One that caught my eye was a girl with pink hair and green tips. She was extremely nervous. The nervous scent she gave off was almost unbearable.

After the last Hashira arrived, I gave up all hope in escape. The way he pinned me to the ground was slightly comfortable (If I shifted a certain way).

"Now then- "Master Kagaya if I may interject, why is that girl here?" The fiery-haired Hashira interrupted. "She has spent 2 months among demons and holds vital information that could very well lead to the downfall of Muzan Kibutsuji," Kagaya said. "Hang on a sec! I never agreed to this!" I wiggled around, desperately trying to escape.

"You've met Muzan face to face? Is that not true?" Kagaya asked. "Yeah? So what?" I snarked. The Hashira's immediately began firing questions at me. The only one I heard was: "So what!? This could give us a massive advantage against the demons!" I wasn't sure who had said that, but I wasn't going to help anyone who wanted to hurt Muzan.

"Get off of me!" I yelled, twisting my body just enough so I could kick Sanemi off me.

I ran.

It felt just like before.

Just like the time when I ran for my life.

This time the thought of Muzan drove me.

Not the thought of life.

I burst through the gates and ran.

I ran till night came. I stopped in a field that seemed to stretch forever.

I crumpled into the soft long grass and began to cry.

All I wanted was to be with Muzan again. In his arms again. The taste of his lips against mine.

If only Mother was here... she'd know what to do.

The thought of Mother was painful. I thought of all the happy times I had with her when I was younger. I closed my eyes and imagined her standing in this field with me. Telling me everything would be all right. Everything was going to be fine.

A light hit my face and I opened my eyes and sat up.

The field had turned into an everlasting field of Blue Spider Lily's.

And standing in the middle of it all was Mother.