Farewells and anticipation

On the 28th of May 2023,
A mix of emotions filled the air as my aunt went on a journey to India. While I wasn't thrilled about her departure, a delightful twist awaited an international adventure to London after three long years.

Adding to the anticipation, my brother's friend, Kira, was joining us, making this trip very very unique. However, my usual annoyance at my brother's girl friend's visits were surprising . Yet, there was a silver lining – my dad had planned what I thought would be an amazing trip.

To my disappointment , excitement turned into frustration when I came to know that our tickets were for the 30th of May. Until then, I found myself caught in my mom's routine, a yet somewhat schedule of waking up early, attending recap sessions, and helping with packing.

The day dragged on, and we reached the night, sharing a thin blanket with my brother. Attempting to sleep, his sounds disrupted my peace. The routine resumed the next morning, with a 7:00 A.M. wake-up call. While it was a departure from my comfort zone, it beat being in Dubai.

As the days inched closer to departure, the anticipation heightened, and I couldn't help off the excitement and curiosity and a new adventure about London. The night before the flight was a mix of restlessness and dreams of iconic landmarks, bustling streets, and a new adventure.

Finally, the day of departure arrived, and we boarded our flight. Observing the first-class with envy, I yearned for its comfort. At last , we were in economy class, facing challenges like subpar food, a lack of water, and biased treatment from the flight attendant.

Upon landing in London, relief washed over me as the nightmare of the flight ended. With renewed excitement, I walked the bustling streets, sensing a mysterious presence – an invisible magic swirling around me. The chilly London air greeted us as we stepped off the plane, waking up our senses to the sights and sounds of a new city. My excitement grew as we walked through the busy streets, each turn revealing a new adventure. Despite feeling tired from the long journey, I was eager to explore.

Having Kira with us made the experience even more worse and horrible, her enthusiasm adding to the stress of discovering London. Together, we immersed ourselves in the city's culture, trying out its famous landmarks and tasty food.

As we explored further, I felt like I was part of something special, as if every step brought me closer to a big discovery. London welcomed us warmly, leaving a lasting impression on us and making our trip unforgettable.