10

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"It's still off" Chan sighed as he put his phone down." He normally isn't like this"

"He told that he would come by mornomg right?" Changbin commented.

"Good morning detectives!" The chief's voice was heard as the two detectives turned and greeted the older, bowing.

"Good morning, Mr. Choi!"

"This isn't a good news" The chief sighed. "They've found another body"

"What?!" Chan almost yelled. "Is it a boy?"

"No, a girl in mid 20s. They found her in an alleyway near a club"

"Was it the same serial killer?"

"As far as I know, yes. You have to investigate there and Mr. Bang, I didn't come here to say that" He sighed before continuing. "Have you made any progress in the case?"

"Currently no, sir. But we're-"

"What do you mean 'no' Bang? There are already 6 deaths with this. The whole city's freaked out." He sighed again. "I'll give you two more weeks. If you still couldn't arrest that damn killer by then, I'm transferring the case"

"B- but-"

"No excuses Mr.Bang, go to the investiagation"

●◉◎◈◎◉●

Hyeji was waiting at for Chan at the crime scene as the two detectives got out from the car. "Good morning detectives!" She greeted. "Where's Jisung?"

"We don't know actually. His phone has been turnes off"

"Okay, um... Oh- We found a weapong here this time"

"Finally! Can we check it?"

"Here" Hyeji said, holding out a blood stained pocket knife, securely kept in a ziplock bag. "You shoukd check the body too"

Chan nodded as he made his way towards the dead body of the woman,hilding the ziplock bag in his hands, Changbin following him behind.

"It's the same" Chan sighed. "What do you think Bin?"

"There's a chance of him being the same killer but the assumed date was 20th right? Today's 18th"

"Let's see. Hyeji, are there any CCTV cameras?" Chan asked, turning towards Hyeji.

"Yes, we got the tapes. We'll sent them to your office with the autopsy records"

"Thanks Hyeji. We'll go and interrogate the shop owners here" Chan said, getting ready to leave. "Oh- and can you send this to the lab to check fingerprints?" He again said, handing the ziplock bag to Hyeji, before heading towards the main road.

"From where do we start?" Changbin said, as he followed Chan from behind. Chan seemed to have no interest which made Changbin to furrow his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"Just- I was worried about Jisung. Should we check on him?"

"I'm afraid we don't have time Chan. We should hurry everything. We have so much to do after this. Besides, we only have two weeks for the case to get transferred right? He might be having some personal issues. We should let him be" Changbin sighed. "Come let's go"

●◉◎◈◎◉●

"Fast forward to night time" Chan suggested to Changbin who was now checking the CCTV recordings Hyeji sent as they couldn't find any relative information from nearby shop owners.

After watching them for sometime, Changbin increased the speed since they couldn't find anything related to the crime  until they saw a couple coming towards the alley.

"Slow down" Chan suggested which Changbin did. The couple seemed to be fighting as they eventually went deeper into the alley. It seemed that they were drunk. Suddenly, the woman slapped the male causing him to cover his cheek with his hand. Soon, it turned into a physical fight as the male flew his fist towards the other's face. He grabbed the woman by her arm as she struggled to escape. The male took a pocket knife and stabbed her. She fell onto the ground as the male backed away, seeming to be shocked about what he just did. He grabbed his hair as he panicked, looking around him, stumbling. He looked at his knife before leaning over the unconscious girl and running the same knife along her neck. The male got up and started to run, stumbling over his steps as the knife slipped from his hand and fell near the body.

"Wait! Rewind!" Chan ordered. "Pause and zoom" He said, hoping to recognise the unknown male who already looked familiar.

"Detective?" A voice was heard, making the attention of both detectives to go for the voice. "Lab results came" The person gave a pile of files to Chan.

"Thank you Minhyuk"

"You're welcome detective" Minhyuk greeted before leaving.

"The face isn't clear" Changbin said as he turned towards Chan. "What do the results say?"

"I don't know. Let's see" Chan said, as he unfolded the files. His eyes widened as he saw the contents inside.

"What?" Changbin questioned, getting near him. Chan gave the file to him with trembling hands. Right after seeing the file, Changbin too looked at Chan with wide eyes.

"It's Jisung" Chan stated, slowly.

A/N: Any theories/thoughts?