Part twenty

I couldn't stop thinking about what Jimin said. Was I in love with Taehyung?

What was love? Could you even love someone you didn't know? I didn't know a lot about him.

Between thinking about Taehyung and studying, I was exhausted. Jungkook forced me to come with him, just to get some space from everything.

I wasn't sure where we were going, but he had some delivery or a pickup. I couldn't really understand what it was.

Jungkook stopped the car in an almost empty street. “Lock the doors, okay? I'll be back just now.” I nodded at him.

He got out and grabbed something from the backseat. I immediately locked the doors.

I sat on tiktok, waiting for him to come back. I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering. I noticed raindrops falling onto the windscreen.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted someone sitting on the pavement.

I pulled my hoodie off and got out. I placed my hoodie next to them, as I turned around, I was yanked backwards.

My heart was racing, and I froze. I wasn't sure what to do.

He grabbed the back of my head, I tried pushing him away, but a sharp sting went through my neck.

I managed to kick him away, but I felt a burn from my stomach. My entire body became hot.

He grabbed my hair, and another burn went through my stomach. I could barely see anything, and my head was spinning.

I felt the rain against my face as I sank to the floor. He yanked my head back, exposing my neck.

I lifted my arms to push him away, but I barely had any strength. I didn't want to die. I didn't get to do so many things.

Taehyung and I weren't even speaking to each other. All I wanted was him. Maybe Jimin was right. Maybe I did love Taehyung.

And I didn't even get to tell him. Or even speak to him.

I heard gunshots in the background. The man let go of me, but another figure stood in front of me.

I tried moving back, away from him, but he bent down. I could make out his face, but Taehyung couldn't be here. 

He wouldn't be here. He picked me up, "It's okay, it's me, princess."

How did he even get here? My teeth chattered as he carried me.

Taehyung opened the car door and got in. He held me closer and pressed something about my neck.

Everything was spinning, I leaned my head back, closing my eyes.

I felt him moving my hand to my stomach and pressing down. I shifted as a sting went through me.

Taehyung started yelling but I couldn't figure out what he was saying.

My mind was hazy, and I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Taehyung's breath hit the back of my neck. He kept whispering something about it won't happen again.

I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or himself or if I was imagining it.

I lifted my head slightly, looking at Taehyung. He bent down, looking back at me.

I'm not sure how much blood you had to lose to die but I'm sure I lost a lot since my clothes were soaked in blood and rain. 

I wanted to say something, just anything. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

Taehyung's face became blurry. My head hit the back of the seat, and then there was nothing.

______________________________________

A sting went through my neck. I opened my eyes, and someone stood in front of me.

There was a hand against my neck, I tried pushing them away. His face became clearer.

How did I get here and why Taehyung was here with me? He held my hand and bent down, kissing my forehead.

He placed a kiss on my palm and moved back. “W-wait,” I managed out, but he disappeared.

The last thing I could remember was Jungkook and I driving. I wasn't sure how I ended up back in my room.

I touched my neck. How did I end up with bandages? What happened?

I heard voices outside the door. “Is she awake?” That was Jimin. “Yes.”
“Where are you going then? You should be with her.”

“You know I can't.” I touched my stomach, a bandage was wrapped around my entire lower stomach.

“This is fucking ridiculous, yes you can. If you don't tell her, I will.” Did Taehyung do something to me? “I can't tell her and you know why.”

Their voices became faint and I couldn't hear them anymore.

I tried to push myself to sit up. A hot flash went through my stomach, I let out a yelp and fell flat.

Did all of this have to do with Taehyung? He wouldn't hurt me.

I'm sure Jungkook would be able to tell me what happened.

I reached for my phone and called him. “Kook? Do yo-” he immediately cut the call.

The door burst open and Jungkook rushed towards me. “You're awake. How are you feeling? Do you need anything?”

“I'm okay but what happened?” Jungkook helped me sit up. “You don't remember?”

I shook my head. “The only thing I remember is us leaving.”

He sat next to me, “oh, I told you to stay in the car but when I came back, a vampire attacked you.”

I touched my neck again. “What happened to the vampire?” Jungkook glanced down, “he's dead.”

“You…killed him?” He nodded.

An uneasy feeling settled in my stomach, something felt wrong but I couldn't figure out what.

I couldn't imagine Jungkook hurting anyone.

“Do you need anything? We're going just now.” I shook my head, “I'm okay for now.”

______________________________________

I had so many messages from Liam. I couldn't believe I missed a week and a half of work.

My stomach grumbled, I slowly stood up. Each time I walked, the stitches pulled against my skin.

I made my way to the stairs. I held onto the railing as I walked down.

I felt something behind me and turned around.

As I turned, Taehyung stood in front of me. I tried to step back but lost my balance, I expected to fall but he grabbed me.

“You're not meant to be walking around.” His grip loosened around me. “I'm hungry.” He held me closer and we stood in the kitchen.

“What do you want?” I leaned against the counter, trying to stand. “I'll make something.”

Taehyung ignored me, “there's barely anything here.” He glanced at me, “I'll get you something.”

“It's fine, y-" he held my wrist and we stood outside. “Get in.” He opened the car door for me.

I didn't want to get in but I wanted to be around Taehyung. I couldn't believe it took me getting hurt for him to speak to me.