~CHAPTER 5: STRANGER~

THE WEEKEND passed by quickly, and without any major hiccups

THE WEEKEND passed by quickly, and without any major hiccups. I was perfectly polite towards Bella's mother, and Renée made sure to be a bit more careful around me.

I didn't exactly hate her. I knew that she indeed loved Bella, but her selfishness overshadowed that love too often. When it shouldn't.

Still, I just stayed out of their way, letting Bella spend as much time with her mother as she could. Thankfully, Renée seemed to love sunbathing, so I just stayed inside the house doing whatever.

On Sunday evening, we were back from Florida. I honestly sighed in relief, as this time around I exited the plane and felt cool.

The cooling rune helped out, but still, I never wanted to go back to a hot place like Florida.

"Feeling better?" Bella asked, as we walked out of our gate.

"Much better." I responded, while fixing the strap of my bag "So, who's picking you up?"

"Oh, Edward..." she admitted.

I huffed, not knowing why I even asked.

"And you—?" Bella started, but was cut off as someone yelled out my name, startling the whole airport.

Here we go again.

With a sigh, I dropped my bag as not a second later I was enveloped by four familiar arms.

"She survived!" Carlos cheered, making me wince as his head was just right by my ear.

"Of course, I did." I rolled my eyes, as they pulled back with matching grins.

Genevieve fixed my purple hair a bit "Sorry, we were slightly worried that you might've become a pile of ash along the way."

I chuckled at that, looking back at Bella just to find her gone. Frowning, I scanned the airport and saw her a bit more to the left, hugging Edward.

"We need to talk, Dora." Carlos said, making me look back at him, just to find him and Genevieve staring at the vampire.

Instantly, my stomach clenched in worry as I looked between them.

"I am not going to like this. I am?"

"No. You won't." Genevieve confirmed, grabbing my arm and leading me out of the airport, while Carlos grabbed my bag.

As soon as we were home, they told me what happened just yesterday evening.

"Victoria... she's back?" I asked, my hands clenched as I sat on the couch.

Genevieve nodded, from her place by the fireplace "That's what the wolves said."

"The worst part is that the vamps somehow knew that she was coming back." Carlos added, as he sat beside me.