buckbeak

the seven friends gathered around, all unamused as hagrid began his class.

enzo had quickly picked up on the groups distaste of the bigger man and decided to agree, not even knowing anything about him yet. he just cared about the group too much in such a short time.

"that's it. come on, now. come closer. less talking, if you don't mind. got a real treat for you today! a great lesson. so, follow me." hagrid said, guiding the slytherin's and gryffindor's to an area towards the woods.

"can't wait!" aurora said, rolling her eyes as they all followed the new teacher.

"right, you lot. less chattering. form a group over there." hagrid said, pointing to a wider area in the trees. "and open your books to page 49."

"exactly how do we do that?" draco asked, as he held his growling book by the belt he had tied around it.

"just stroke the spine, of course." hagrid said, as if it was common knowledge.

"yeah, draco. just stroke the spine." aurora teased, as blaise and theo each held the book as far away from them as possible and daphne began stroking the spine.

sure enough, it worked, and soon the rest of the group had their books open to the right page.

however, pansy and aurora burst out laughing as neville longbottom opened his book without stroking the spine and was soon on the ground.

"don't be such a wimp, longbottom." draco said, as the seven of them passed the gryffindor.

"i think they're funny." granger said to weasley and potter as they got to where hagrid had instructed.

"oh, yeah. terribly funny. really witty. god, this place has gone to the dogs. wait until my father hears that dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." draco said, as the other slytherin's laughed.

"this is such a disaster. i mean, did hagrid even finish school?" aurora said to daphne, wanting to go back inside.

"shut up, malfoy." harry said, walking towards the blonde.

aurora crossed her arms and turned to the two enemies, interested in what would happen next.

her and theo glanced at each other as draco, crabbe, and goyle taunted potter.

"you think they're gonna fight?" aurora asked theo, as draco handed his bag to crabbe and took another step forward.

"don't be ridiculous. draco's not that stupid." theo said, watching the two boys carefully.

"no, i think he is that stupid." daphne interjected, agreeing with aurora that a fight would break out.

but instead, draco did what none of them expected and looked up in fear, taking a step back.

"dementor! dementor!" draco yelled, pointing behind harry.

everyone gasped as they quickly turned around to see, as draco and his idiots just laughed.

aurora looked unimpressed as blaise broke out in laughter.

"mate, i really thought you were about to swing." blaise said, laughing so hard he could barely breathe.

"why are you like this?" daphne said, shaking her head as she grabbed aurora's hand and moved them further up. enzo and theo, following.

but it wasn't done as draco, pansy, crabbe, goyle, and blaise pulled their hoods up and impersonated dementors.

theo laughed at that, earning glares from daphne and aurora.

"absolute idiots." daphne said, aurora nodding in agreement.