study up

The angel faced heartthrob is called Sugawara Koushi, hehe, even the name is cute. I probably sound psycho, there's no mind readers around here, right? You looked around the room sheepishly, quickly surveying whether or not someone was reading your thoughts. Looked like the coast was clear. Angel face is totally a keeper!

My hero is called Sawamura Daichi. Good to know, he seems like the reliable type! And the hero title was getting old very quickly. You tapped your pen against your lip as you wrote down that name, too. You had done it for the other clubs you attempted joining—but only got four names out of at least thirty... What about something like...Actually, I've got nothing for him. Sawamura it is! That's a cool last name, has a ring to it!

The one that knocked me on my ass is called Asahi.. uh... Asahi... Oh man, maybe his spike gave me a concussion. Oh, wait! Asahi Azumane. His hair is wavy, I think that's pretty neat. I can't believe he's only a second year, he's one facial hair short of being a grown man! Too bad he's a wussy. Guess it's wuss from now on.

Then there's Tanaka Ryunosuke. First impression? He's a total punk! I outta knock him down a size or two! Ah, just jokes... Haha. I'm a good student. I don't get it, why was I compared to that guy out of everyone?! His name is too complicated for such a simple guy. A name like dunce face is more like it.

Turns out that Nishinoya Yuu is in my class. He was actually the one that came bugging me about whether I was in a club or not a few weeks ago. I guess his weird spiky hair is good for something—for making a fool out of himself! Haha! What a pin head.

The other five first years? I guess it's thing one, two and three. The brown haired one will be thing one. The shaved one will be thing two, and the kinda cute one will be thing three. And the other two will be four and five.

The second and first years on the team all gathered together, murmuring amongst each other as you sat off to the side.

"You know, for being a supposed delinquent, she really is taking this serious." Daichi said. "Is she taking notes?"

"Kiyoko looks a thousand times cooler, and more mysterious while she's taking notes." Tanaka said, arms crossed.

"Note-taking isn't a competition!" Daichi said. "Try and make her feel welcomed, yeah?!"

"Yeah, it's a little weird that you're not drooling at her feet like every other girl you've ever seen in your life." Sugawara pointed out, hands on his hips.

"Hmph," Tanaka squared his jaw, hands stuffed in his pockets. "She seems like a troublemaker... I hate troublemakers!"

"Don't go hating yourself, now." Sugawara quipped. "It's not like you to be self conscious."

"What was that?!" Tanaka fumed.

"She never seemed like the studious type to me." Nishinoya said. "She either glared at nothing or slept in class!" He remembered the few times he glanced your way, envisioning the glare on your face.

"I could see that." The rest of them chimed in agreement.

Especially considering the fact that the next time they turned to look your way, you were glaring so hard at the paper as if it had personally spoken to you and done you wrong.

There was a long list of rules and responsibilities that came with being a manager for a volleyball team. You had settled for a corner of the gym, one you assumed wouldn't get you hit in the face.

Rule number one, you glared at the paper to make sure you were getting a good look at it. Though, you ended up skimming through it anyway.. Dress appropriately... Gym clothes... blah, blah... Tennis shoes... Blah blah... No long bottoms that drag on the floor... No jewelry...