Chapter 5

Infinite POV:

This... Damn...Wolf, why the hell is he so kind? "does he have brain damage" I thought out loud on accident. The wolf just continued to stare at me, his expression unchanged. I Continued to the sandwich he made for me, ignoring the gaze of my wolf 'care taker'... The sandwich wasn't bad, better than anything I ever had during the war. I guess I should praise him 'I might be a bio weapon but I still have manners... Wait how do you praise people? Hmm...'.

"This sandwich is... Palatable" I look down at his shaking hands.

"I congratulate you on overcoming your weakness.", Nailed it.

To my surprise the wolf looked at me with fiery eyes that pierced me viciously. 'Dumbass wolf, it was a compliment. Do I have to spell out for him?'

"I-was-complementing-you..."

His gaze did not faulter, in fact it got even more intense.

Why the HELL does his gaze bother me so much. And the silence! God I wish would curse me out instead of that steady stare of his. Then, the damn wolf suddenly got up and stomped out the room shaking like crazy.

.
..
...

*BANG*

I flinched a bit at the loud sound since I wasn't expecting it. 'Did I upset him that much? Like I should care, damn wolf'. Another Loud bang caused me to flinch again. All I heard was banging and crashing behind the door.

'Maybe I should, NO! I did nothing wrong.' I told myself as I continued hearing the destruction the wolf was causing behind the door. '...' I pulled myself off the bed with what strength I had left. I nearly fell over in the process. Using the wall as support I made my way towards the door only to stop at the window.

I remembered that I had to escape if I didn't want to become a resistance prisoner. 'Now's my chance to run but-' the banging and crashing were quieter, 'I don't need to apologize to the damn wolf. Even if, he has done nothing but help me and showed me kindness... Who's to say he would even turn me in? Plus I'm still injured, I need to recover.' my thoughts paused for a moment. 'No the wolf will betray you, it's only a matter of time. And rest is for the weak, I am not week!'.

I had to make a decision.

I only hesitated for a moment before I finally decided what to do. I opened the window and jumped out. I realized I was in a second floor bedroom the second I started to fall. 'Shit!' the second I landed my knee crumbled under my weight. Fortunately I maneuvered myself in time to avoid hitting the already damaged phantom ruby, unfortunately my arm suffered it's fate instead. an audible pop came from my shoulder causing me to yelp.

"God damn that hurts! I need to get up before the damn wolf shows up." I murmured to myself. Instead of initiating my plan to run, I found myself just laying there. I didn't know why, I just did.

Literally 15 seconds later, the wolf appeared above me with a look of hurt and horror. His eyes locked onto me once again, scrutinizing every single detail on me. I had to look away, those fiery eyes of his burned through my frustration at being captured. A new emotion replaced it swift, and this one made me feel like shit.

"...I'm sorry about before." I whispered loud enough for him to hear me.

The wolf's penance stare let up once he caught on to what I said. Now, with a concerned look he picked me up bridal style. This caused me to blush and become flustered, "I CAN WALK BY MYSELF!" I yelled. However the wolf ignored me a continued. Still blushing I surrendered and leaned into his chest muttering under my breath "hmph, stupid wolf...". I didn't notice it but, the wolf started to blush too.

I rewrote this chapter five times!!!