[𝙴𝚙: 𝟸] 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙱𝚒𝚐 𝚂𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚑

Dear Diary, 6-19-04

I met a boy yesterday. His name is Cove and he's my new neighbor. He lives across the street which is so cool! I'm not sure how he's doing because when I first met him behind the house he was sad. He moved away from his mom and he's been crying. I'm hoping during his stay here that he'll like it, even if he hates it a tiny bit.

Today we're supposed to have a playdate and I'm so excited! I can't wait for him to meet Lizzie and Shilo and show him my stuff. I told Mom and Mommy last night that I had a gut feeling that I'll marry him and you know what they did? They thought it was cute and LAUGHED at me. They're meanies sometimes. Anyway I gotta go, bye!

Signed,

[Name]

Setting my pink glittery pen onto my desk, I leave my room and head downstairs towards the kitchen to eat breakfast. The smell of toasted bread and butter wafted through the air. A plate of eggs and hotdogs slid in front of me once I sat at the dinner table. Licking my lips, I thanked my Mom before grabbing a metal fork and chowing down my breakfast.

        "Excited to see your new friend again, [Name]?" Mom called from the sink, the dishes clinking together as she washed them. I shake my head up and down rapidly, eating my food faster.

        "Yesh, I cont waft tuff she himp!" I exclaimed, bits of food slipping out. Mommy scolds me to chew with my mouth closed and to wait until I am done before speaking. If we were to be married in the future, it would make sense to be around each other as much as possible.

        "Aw, isn't that just the cutest thing?" Mommy coos, wrapping an arm around Mom.

        "With that said," Mom chimes in, wiping her hands with a small towel. "Are you finished with your food?"

I nod and present my empty plate to her. Clean-up begins, I stand on a stool to help me lean over the sink to wash my dirty dish. As if on cue, someone knocks on the door. It was hesitant like they weren't sure if they were in the right place. I jumped out from the stool and ran to the door, eagerly swinging it open.

The door slams into the wall, luckily not leaving a dent but the action does cause Cove to jump a bit, his dad's eye widened from such force.

        "Hey [Last Name] family!" Cove's dad, who I later learned was called Mr. Holden from my moms. He beamed from the doorway. "Thanks for having us!"

Speaking about Cove, he was hiding behind his dad, shy from meeting anyone else's gaze. It was good to see him in better lighting and not crying. I lean over to take a peek at Cove, hoping to catch his eyes. Feeling a stare burning on his figure, he looks up and we make eye contact. I immediately smile and wave at him. Cove returns it shyly.

        "Mom, we're gonna go play in my room," I announced, heading to the stairs before turning to Cove, motioning him to follow me.

Wordlessly, he strides forward and we both head up to my room.

Entering my room, I puff out my chest in pride from the treasures I had collected to show off to Cove. My room was unorganized but not messy. The paper of drawings I've made littered my walls, a family picture sat on my desk near my diary, and a large soft carpet sat in the middle of the room. I turned to Cove to gauge his reaction..

Cove was scanning the room before his eyes landed on one of my drawings. Humming a bit, he walks closer to it, mouth open in awe at the details. "I like this." He points to it, smiling.