fifteen

27/10/2023, friday, 7.20am

when m/n awoke from a deep sleep, one he wouldn't had gotten in years if not for sleeping pills, he felt rejuvenated, resurrected from a death-like trance almost.

the golden hues of the sunrise seemed more vibrant than he ever remembered, the sound of birds chirping sounded more crisp and bright, and colors seemed to have a whole new dimension. even his vision seemed to be more crisp, his hearing cleared too.

peeking at his phone on the bedside table, he glanced at the time and breezed through the notifications of messages, most of it were from his boyfriend from the past evening.

26/10/2023, thursday, 4.59pm

my sungie<33

what happened? are you okay?

you looked exhausted...

my prince, are you okay?

5pm

president grant is calling...

accept ✔️  decline

my sungie<33

baby why are you not replying?

you're okay right?

pls tell me you're okay☹️

6.03pm

26/10/2023, thursday, 11.03pm

my sungie<33

call cancelled x 5

prince why aren't you picking up or replying?

i'm so worried i can't fall asleep

pls give me an update

11.07pm

my sungie<33

my prince you're okay right?

please please please tell me you're okay

11.45pm

ignoring the frantic messages and calls from the president, he swiftly slipped on his slippers and rushed to the bathroom, locking the door behind him.

he closed his eyes, took 3 steps, and when he opened his eyes again, he found himself in jisung's hotel room, standing by his bedside.

he could see that jisung had buried under the covers, and he slipped into bed beside him, removing the covers to expose his boyfriend's face. stricken with dried tears and dark eyebags, m/n frowned, feeling his heartstrings being tugged on. as gentle as he could, he brought his palm to jisung's cheek, who instinctively nuzzled into the warmth.

for a moment, m/n thought of jisung as a fragile glass which he had mistreated and slight tears left his eyes as jisung's slowly blinked open.

"my prince," jisung greeted with the biggest smile on his face before he let out a loud yawn. "you're back."

"i'm sorry sung," m/n started to sob. "i made you worried."

jisung pat his back, consoling him.

"it's okay my prince, i'm just glad you're safe."

jisung brought the sobbing man into a tight embrace, burrowing him into his chest.