crimson x blind daughter reader (platonic)

What you can't see won't hurt you

This is a short one
~>~

Dinner was silent other than the soft clink of a wine glass hitting the table and silver wear being picked up. A piece of cut up steak was pressed lightly against your lips, startled out of your thoughts you opened your mouth, filled with indignity and humiliation.

You'd much rather feed yourself but your father had insisted on feeding you, he says it's best he does it so you won't hurt yourself when cutting the steak or trying to eat it.

"Open wide cupcake," crimson's voice said softly, his broken and bent tail twitching slightly as you comply, he gently pops the cut up steak into your mouth with a hum.

Moxxie was at the opposite side of you, at the far far far end of the table, he didn't want moxxie ratting or bothering you for help, you were helpless as it is.

The dinner table was quieter than usual, no sound of your mother humming, no soft clicks of her heels, only the sounds of utensils and glass cups.

Moxxie ate in silence, his head down eyes focused on the plate of cold food in front of him, his tiny hands holding a small knife as he struggled to cut his food. Mother would've helped him like his father helps you, but she's gone, moxxie didn't dare look up, because if he did, he'd get a scorning look from his father who just seemed to hate his vary existence.

He took a quick glance at you, you're eyes cloudy and glazed over, what did the world look like to you? He wondered that often, were you scared every time you heard something but weren't able to fully identify it because of your blindness? Did you know how much of a monster father really was? Probably not.

You flinched slightly as you felt a piece of steak press against your lips, prompting you to open your mouth, being fed like a child was degrading but father insisted on it. And who were you to say no?

"There you go cupcake," crimson cooed, wiping some sauce off your cheek that had gotten on it when you flinched in surprise. Around his wrist was a golden leash that hooked onto the 'necklace' he got you, which was in reality a collar, too keep you from wondering off and getting hurt, or God forbid getting taken away from him.

You're hand blindly felt along the table for your cup of water, eventually finding it you picked it up and put it to your lips, drinking the cool water before shakily setting it down on the table in it's place, at least you hoped you did.

You felt a tug, causing you to stand up and follow your father, his shoes clicking against the wooden floorboards, holding the leash tightly, leading you behind him with a tug of the leash, leading you to the basement and into a boat, the basement was water logged with sewer water and dead bodies floated to the bottom, bloated and slimy looking. In the boat besides you unknowingly was your mother, tied and gagged, her muffled sounds gone unheard to you.

Her movements frantic, she knew what was happening, he warned her that if she tried running with you he'd kill her, she didn't think he'd really kill her, but here she was, gagged, bound and about to drown to death. And in front of her blind adopted daughter no less.

Crimson reached over grabbing her tiny horns he whispered harshly to her, so you wouldn't here.

A splash startled you, the water sloshing against the boat and onto you slightly, "dad, what was that?" You ask looking around, you're cloudy glazed over eyes darting around.

"Nothing cupcake, just some fish that survived." Crimson lied through his teeth, watching as his traitorous wife sunk to the bottom, her red eyes filled with tears as the last thing she saw was his cruel gaze.

What you didn't know, wouldn't kill you right? Right. There was no need to tell you the truth, you had him after all.

Word count: 694