19

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

❝ 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯. ❞

"higher!"

kartein swiftly instructed the great kayden break to lift him up, reaching for the phone in the nearby booth. both cats recognized the urgency of calling yoo jisoo. despite the klein brothers' considerable strength, their confidence in jisoo's abilities stemmed from witnessing her unwavering dedication to force control training every night since their arrival in japan.

the goal remained simple: jisoo will help the civilians in need. the world-ranked awakeners, having observed jisoo's consistent efforts, were particularly confident in her capabilities. they acknowledged that, in certain situations, an awakener's unique skills could be indispensable, surpassing the capabilities of conventional heroes.

"this is the best i could do, you jerk!" kayden roared angrily, his legs trembling as he tried to balance his body along with kartein's scrubby one.

"then try harder!"

kayden let out a sound of annoyance, suddenly pushing kartein with such strength that he finally reached the phone and the height was also enough to dial ua's number.

"fucking finally!" the dark-haired awakener exclaimed.

kartein quickly dialed the ua's principal nezu as he said with the usual hint of aggressiveness, "put yoo jisoo on the phone now!"

"pardon? who is this?"

"does it matter? put her on the phone now or people are going to die!"

*toot*

*toot*

*toot*

*toot*

"hello?"