𝟏 | 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝

⇄ ◁◁ I I ▷▷ ↻
⁰⁰ ²⁵ ━━●━━━━━━━━ ⁰² ⁰⁸

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚. 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 ♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹

Ever since our paths intertwined, an undeniable obsession with this girl has taken root within me, getting stronger with each passing day. It's surprising how, over the span of time that has passed, my liking for this girl has only deepened. She, an overlord just like me, a glutton in her own right, mirrors the shadows that dance within my own soul.

The day I met her seems to have predetermined the course of my existence. With every heartbeat I hope to be able to see her once more, and the absence of her presence turns each passing day into torture. Unfortunately, I am not the only person who sees her like this. Like a flame drawing moths to its glow, she captivates the hearts of many. Sinners are willing to give anything just to be in her presence and get her attention.

Despite the masses of sinners trying to somehow charm her, I stand in a unique position of privilege. We have known each other for a very long time, and together, we grew in power. Her expertise of alcohol and my sleight of hand became a deadly combination for anybody who dared to gamble with us. Together, we came to be overlords, with [Y.N] conquering the east side of the pentagram, getting to rule over her own small city.

The small city that is filled with pubs, bars, clubs, any place you can normally drink alcohol in is home to the biggest alcoholics in Hell. She soon became busy trying to keep everything running just as she wanted, a perfectionist. With this new responsibility and a hunger for more power, she became very occupied and I to this day, barely see her.

But, today is one of those special days where she finally managed to create a gap in her schedule to hang out with me. And here I am, sitting at a pub she owns which she branded after a casino, using the same color scheme as my wings with a big splash of gold and a deep gray. Before we were overlords we used to come here all the time and gamble, making deals with the unfortunate souls that tried to best us.

After anxiously waiting I finally see her figure enter the pub, the loud chatter of the sinners enjoying their drinks reduced to whispers as she walked towards me. As she gets closer and closer I find myself captivated, not able to take my eyes off of her. She waves at the bartender and the man behind the bar immediately gets to work making her a drink. As she gets closer towards me I get off my seat, greeting her with a great hug.

"Ah, Husk, it's been too long! How have you been?" She squeezed me in the embrace and pat my back, signaling for me to let go which I reluctantly do.

"Oh, you know. Same old, same old." I smile at her and she sits down, and I also take my seat, feeling my tail unwillingly wag behind me, showing my enthusiasm.

The bartender comes over and puts a pornstar martini in front of her, with an extra shot of vodka, and a bottle of whiskey with a glass and some ice cubes in front of me. She sighs dramatically after taking a sip.

"You would think people would know not to sell their souls so easily. Yesterday, this dumb shit told me he would do anything for a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, can you believe it? They don't even have standards, at least ask for an Absolut or a Grey Goose, anything!" She added the extra shot of vodka into her martini, spinning the glass in her hand to mix the liquids. "Are people still dumb enough to try and win a game with you?" She raised her eyebrow.

I chuckled. "Fortunately, yes. They just never learn." She laughed with me and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I wish we could be like this forever, I wish she wasn't so busy with her life to the point where she can't hang out with me so often. I want to go back to the beginning, where we were inseparable, I just wish-

"Don't you ever think about how sweet it would be to go back?" She cut off my train of thought. "No responsibilities... Just blissfully ignoring everything around us." She sighed again, sipping on her martini. "I wonder what my life in Hell would look like if I was the one who sold my soul to an overlord, you know what I mean? I feel like I can do anything, everything is so monotone and repetitive..."

I listened to her carefully, nodding as I understood her point, and kind of wished for us to not be in the positions we are in right now, not because of the power that came with it but the distance that grew between us. But, she was right, although we both led very comfortable lives, everything was mundane, boring, repetitive.

I was sure she had way more responsibilities than me, having built her own empire from the ground up. Her schedule is filled with running around, checking if everything is in balance and then also just the million dates she has. [Y.N] loves a good story to tell, and what better story than some demon trying to get her into their bed? Still, each time she tells me about a date she had I can't help but feel jealous, am I not enough for her? I could be, if she just gave me a chance.

I know I could treat her right and I would do everything in my power to make her life as wonderful as possible. I know everything about her, from her sense of humor, to the alcohol she prefers and I even know the tiny insignificant things, like where she applies her perfume or the face she makes when she made a deal with someone powerful.

"I just wish we could be-" I started, but got interrupted by a manly voice coming from the entrance of the building.

"[Y.N]!" She looked back at the man and she hit herself on the forehead with the palm of her hand. "You promised me a date, and I'm here to get you." He leaned against the door frame and I heard the girl in front of me curse under her breath.

"Shit, Husk, I'm so sorry I totally forgot I have to go out with this jackass." She gathered her things in her handbag and stood up, finishing her martini in a couple gulps.

"It's... Well..."

But without letting me finish she gave me a tight hug with a kiss on my cheek and she started walking away. I watched her curves move left and right as she came to stand next to the man from before. The man immediately slithered his arm around her waist, pulling her close and looking back at me with a winning look on his face.

"We should talk again soon!" She yelled, turning her head back to look at me. "I'll see you next time! Bye bye!"

Both their figures disappeared behind the door and I sighed deeply, staring at the bottle of whiskey in front of me. The image of her smiling stuck in my mind, her laughter repeating in my head like a broken record. That asshole doesn't even deserve to be near her. I took a couple swigs from the bottle, not bothering to pour it in the glass.

I just wish we could be together.