𝟐 | 𝐝𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐥

⇄ ◁◁ I I ▷▷ ↻
⁰⁰ ²⁵ ━━●━━━━━━━━ ⁰² ⁰⁸

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹

A week after we met up I found myself scrolling through our old text messages, how she used to type paragraphs and paragraphs of stories, promising she'll tell me the details tomorrow. And how the messages soon turned into shorter ones, me mostly texting her and asking how her day was, or when we'll be able to hang out next. And her responding shortly with "It was fine" or "I'm so busy right now, I'll get back to you on that."

I sighed but kept scrolling until I reached the bottom and saw a new notification from her.

"I feel so bad for what happened with that guy, I shouldn't have left.
But I cleared my schedule for the night, want to have some fun together?
I'd understand if you're mad at me."

Mad at her? I could never be mad at her, whatever it is that she did to me. I know she is busy, and she has her reasons for doing what she does and I'm in no place to start lecturing her on how she should lead her life. Besides, that would mean we would probably fight and that's kind of the last thing I want.

I texted her back, after rewriting my message many times to somehow sound 'cool' and 'nonchalant' when in reality, I was smiling like an idiot. After sending the message I clarified I'm not mad at her and I understand that she had to go, but I'm happy she's trying to make it up to me.

She texted me back with the name of one of the bars she owns and said she's going to be there soon, so I stood up to get dressed and after I did, I walked out the door. I live next to one of the few flower shops here in Hell, and I sometimes visit it just to make conversation with the only employee. The bell rings as I enter the building and the man who looks like a spotted rabbit greets me happily.

"Ay, Husk, I haven't seen you in a while." He was trimming a rose from its thorns behind his desk and he put it down, walking up to me and patting me on the shoulder. "Nobody else wants to hear me rant about flora."

"I'm actually here to buy something, a bouquet." He raised his eyebrow, showing his interest. "Could you make me one with red roses and red asters?" I scratched the back of my head.

"Of course, my friend." He crouched down to pick a few flowers from his baskets and then walked behind his desk to assemble the bouquet. "Are you finally going to make a move?" I cleared my throat in a surprised manner. "Come on, red asters and roses? You didn't pick these flowers just because they're pretty."

"Uh... I... Yeah, I'll try today." I fiddled with my fingers, the scene of her rejecting me already playing out in my head.

"The sooner, the better, Husk. If you wait too long, you might lose her." He wrapped the bouquet and handed it to me, I pull out my wallet but he resisted. "Nope, the only payment I need is for you to tell me the good news when you get back."

I thanked him and started making my way towards the bar. The anxiety I felt in the store now rising by the second, he's right, I have to do this. I should've done this a while ago, back when we were still close, but I was too much of a coward. I lacked the courage to even look her in the eye when I felt my heart beat faster near her.

A short walk finally led me to my destination, an ocean themed bar, with the employees wearing pirate outfits and decorations such as boat steering wheels and ropes on the ceiling. I saw her waving me over as I entered the bar, and I walked to her, greeting her with a hug.

"I'm so glad you could come, this bar is like the least packed in this time of day so I thought we could just sit here, quietly and talk." She smiled towards me and I pulled out the bouquet of flowers with a little magic, some glitter flying through the air as I did. "Aww, Husk! You're too sweet!" She grabbed the bouquet and smelled it, a satisfied smile on her face.

"Thought it would be a good choice, since... You know, red is your favorite color." Right after speaking I mentally smacked myself, am I an idiot?

"You know me so well, thank you." She kissed me on the cheek and then sat down on the chair, I took the other seat.

One of the waiters came over with our drinks, a whiskey for me and a Blue Lagoon for her. I took the bottle and poured myself a glass, not wanting to drink from the bottle in front of her. I saw her look around the bar and she reached over to a tiny vase on our table which had a single flower in it. She took it out and handed it over to me.

"You know, so that way we both got each other flowers." She giggled playfully and I smiled, taking the flower from her hand.

A daffodil.

"Uh, there's actually something I've been meaning to tell you... for quite some time now." I started, pulling the collar of my tie as I felt a pressure building around my throat. "I..."

She interrupted me. "Oh God, me too, I have something crazy to tell you! So you know Lucifer? I saw him and Lilith walking around the park, but Lilith seemed very angry, she was screaming at him and he was just... standing there and taking it." She took a sip of her cocktail. "I wonder if something happened between them."

I nodded, taking a deep breath. "Hm, that's... interesting. Uh, what I wanted to say is... I lo-"

"And! The guy who took me out last week turned out to be such a jackass, he took me to this restaurant and when the waiter took a little longer to come over to us he-" I interrupted her this time, and when I did, it seemed as though the whole bar fell quiet.

"I love you."