Hero

2 years later

Erin’s point of view

I clung to Niall like velcro. I hated looking like a loner in a room full of people and tonight was some party that the boys were holding for the celebration of the completion of their tour. 

I was supposed to be Harry’s date tonight but for some reason he just told me to come in a pretty dress and I did. He didn’t pick me up or call me the day before and he’s been quite evasive these past few days. I didn’t know what was up with him and every time I asked him if we were okay, he said we were and there was no problem at all and looked at me as if I were crazy and I did start to think I was. Everyone acted all happy, was I the only noticing how Harry was being so secretive? It was the strangest thing.

“You seen Harry yet?” I ask Niall for the millionth time. He helping me keep a look out for the curly haired man.

“Nope,” he replies casually and I groan in my head.

“I’m telling you, he’s been avoiding me,” I say to Niall who looks down at me and scoffs.

“All in your head, lassie,” he replies and I’m almost convinced.

“You’re all having me believe that I’m kind of crazy,” I admit.

“Eh,” Niall simply says, looking away from me and I tug tightly on his arm. “Ow! What was that for?!”

“I’m SERIOUS! No one is listening to me!” I say, my voice getting higher.

“Shhh, you’ll attract attention to yourself,” he orders, looking around the room and then looking back at me.

“Fine. Be that way. Don’t listen to me,” I tell him and start walking off.

“Erin,” he says in a helpless tone and starts to grab my arm but I shove it away. “Erin, don’t be like that-look, he’s calling me, hold on.”

I stare back at Niall as he takes the call, in a few seconds he hangs up.

“Harry wants me to tell you to go out the door over there to the hall and meet him in this spare AV room at the end of it,” Niall instructs.

I stare at him, he stares at me.

“What?” he finally says.

“Why did he call you and not call me?” I ask, feeling hurt.

“Dunno.”

“THIS is what I’m saying! He’s avoiding me!” I go on and Niall sighs.

“Would you just go out the door, to the hall, and into the AV room? He says he wants to talk to you,” Niall tells me, completely frustrated now. As if he were a mother trying to tell her kid what to do.

“No. I don’t want to. He better tell me that himself,” I reply stubbornly.

“Erin don’t be like that.”

“No HE don’t be like that.”

“You sound black.”

“You’re racist.”

A small smile creeps into both our lips until I break it off, shaking my head and start walking away.

“You’re making my job very difficult,” he sighs and grabs hold of my arm.

“What the fuck are you doing,” I let out, trying to shrug him off but his grip is harder as he leads me out the door.

“Just do it,” he says and pushes me out.