1.3▬▬▬▬. . . Whats holding you back?

Act one,                  "Controlling the real limits

Act one, "Controlling the real limits."

| KENDRAS POV

                              September, 1 1995

Kendall's p.o.v

A month later...

Getting off of work, I came to my house that was the bare minimum, I lived  in the projects it was no better no less. It was what it was, I could live better but a girl could do the best she could, I knew one thing I was basically rent free, I barely paid...since my sister always decides to anyways, she makes a lot of money working as a nurse at a small clinic. She draws people's blood even travels time and time but it always give her the advantage, she'll travel and never be heard until like 2 weeks later.

That's why I hated always following her around, she disappears and leaves me in the dust rather it's important or not, just like she did last week with her little boo. She left me hours in that hotel while she got fuck, it was selfish as fuck, but I let it go since that shit was a month ago. I'm over it.

What I wasn't over was that grimy nigga Devante or k-ci? Whatever his name was! I rolled my eyes at the thought of him again, the way he treated was shameless and I felt a little down about because well...I thought he was cute when I saw him but he still acted a fool and that made him the unattractive to me...but what are man for...if I was in other woman in the world they would treat me with respect but since I was me and the most least of their kind, they all treated like I was less than.

I wasn't going to lie and say I didn't have the deepest insecurities because I did, I was the DUFF sister in ever case but I pretended to be confident so I wouldn't be looked down even more. Every boy that I liked always went for my sister and I always watched in slience as they had their time with her, knowing deep down it lowered my chances of my own self esteem.

But my self esteem wasn't because of men, sure they were the biggest reason but my self esteem came with my family's judgement, my parents importantly, they were my biggest haters but I'll never deeply admit, my dad wasn't a dead beat but he is the reason why I am what I am, why I'm always pushing myself, He wanted a better verison of myself but not in the best of ways, to him I was failure but like always I have to prove everyday I'm nothing to that sort.

Now, for mom, she shows me love, she my biggest fan, my twin, someone who I would describe for almost being the one to high my self esteem when it's low, but...she was a very unhappy woman when she can be, she let the stress of a man get to her so bad that she doesn't hold it back when taking it on me. Me and her used to be close but, I barely talk to her anymore. It didn't bother me much. Nothing bothered me..but when stuff did it drove me crazy