Chapter Two - World's Biggest Ball of Twine

It's morning, and the people of New York start to wake up. Kids' happy voices as they're on their way to school. Joyful goodbyes from coffee shops. At the Sparrow Academy the house is slowly waking too. On the third floor, Blake is in the middle of her morning workout routine. Her windows are open, letting in the morning air and the sound of the city.

***

In a nearby park, Luther is happily taking a morning run. Greeting every person he passes. The sounds of ravens squawking can be heard through the whole park. As Luther keeps running as more and more birds show up. As he discovers the many birds, he slowly begins to slow down. He comes to a complete stop and looks at all the birds confused. The birds get more and more as he stares at them, beginning to block his way. Slowly he begins to walk backwards and quickly begins to run the other way. As he looks backwards as he runs, he sees the birds following him.

"Shit! Whao!" He says as he dodges the birds as they attack him. Running for his life, he is now not only followed by birds but also Christopher. Scared he doesn't see where he is running and runs head first into a lamppost. Now laying on the ground, the birds are flying over his head. As he tries to get on his feet, he is lifted into the air. Floating upside down he sees some of the Sparrows walking towards him.

"Oh shit!"

"Hello there, stranger." Sloane says and smirks at him.

"Oh! Hey." Luther says with a dumbfounded smile on his face as he looks at Sloane As Luther talks Ben looks between them confused. With an annoyed expressen, Ben walks towards Luther and kicks him in the face. Now unconscious, Sloane stops using her powers, making Luther fall to the ground.

***

At the hotel, Vanya looks through some books the hotel has laying around, trying to kill time. Just taking a random book, she flips through the pages, stumbling across a shocking page. "The Kennedy six" the chapter is titled. With pictures of herself and Diego, saying how they cost the assassination on John F. Kennedy. Confused, she keeps reading through the pages, not believing what she's reading. Pictures and history of them all, from their time in 1963, fills the pages. As she reads, she stumbles across a picture that captures her attention. A picture of Sissy, her lover from 1963. A text to the picture, tells that she died on October 1st 1989.

***

In the bar and buffet of the hotel, Diego, Klaus and Five are sitting, enjoying their morning. A kid is walking around the buffet, looking over the food.

"That little delinquent is your son?" Klaus asks as he looks at Diego and makes fun of him.

"Allegedly my son." He answers, not finding his brother funny.

"That's so funny!" Klaus laughs.

Walking from the bar with a drink in hand, Five looks at the kids and then at Diego.

"Wait, who's... who's the mother?"

"Lila." Diego answers and looks at the kid.

"Excuse me?"

"Whao, Lila's here?" Five asks interested.

"Was." Diego corrects him.

"She dropped him off in my lap last night then bolted."

"I don't much care for that one." Klaus says, trying to make Diego feel better.

"Don't."

"Technically, she's family." Five says sarcastically.