one, professional yappers!

Yasmine was used to the chattering students that were crowded in the hallways, even if she did want to scream at them to shut the fuck up every day.
However, today in particular, everything had seemed to get on her nerves even more, even while she was blasting music through her earphones. She despised school, it felt like a personal punishment everyday she woke up, an endless cycle on repeat. Especially since gaining a job at Doose's, with shifts every weekend and some after school Yas was exhausted, no time for herself and everything she was doing had to please everyone else. The only people she had felt that really made her feel excited for something were Stacy, Isaac and Atlas, luckily they were able to hang out as often as possible and even more so as Stacey and Yasmine worked together at the store and most of their shifts matched. Girlhood honestly.

Turning up the volume to Grace by Jeff Buckley, the girl headed past annoying freshman and towards her locker which now seemed so far away with the bustling crowds. As Yasmine was able to finally pack her bag and empty her locker for the end of the day, two large hands had slammed against her shoulders making her jump.

"Oh my god you should have seen the look on your face Yassy!", Atlas exclaimed with a laugh while moving to lean on the locker next to her, grabbing one of Yasmines' airpods for himself.

"Oh you are so not funny", she hissed back at him trying to regain a steady heartbeat again, "Anyway i though you were meeting up with Isaac before you head to work?"

"What and I can't meet up with my favourite girl before I get dragged to hell?", he replied taking her bag from her as she slammed her locker shut and they made there way out of school. Not that he was lying since her contact name in his phone was ' favourite girl ❣️ ', of course she was unaware of it.

"Hell? Really? Atlas you work at Luke's which is by far the best and you get free cake and coffee, beats working at Doose's!", Yas tried to convince him as she fought the blush on cheeks from his previous comment.

Their walk across to the town square was calm surprisingly school had just ended, except for Kirk who today had set up a small stand and was painting portraits for the tourists. Luckily they only had a few days left of school before summer started and so soon Stars Hollow was going to be busy, especially with Dragonfly Inn being featured in an article online that starred the best locations to stay at for friendliest staff. Yasmine was sure that was going to change seeing as Michel was absent when the journalists had come.

Nearing Luke's Diner they saw Isaac leaning outside arguing with someone on the phone.

"Yea i'm just about to head to work... what! no i'm not...look...woman give me a chance to speak...right i'm hanging up now", Isaac muttered to himself after hanging up before noticing the duo heading towards him, "Oh my god thank god, people to talk to with actual common sense!"

The pair laughed at him before Yasmine answered, "Why, who was that?"

"Fuckin Rory, wants to know i'm not telling anyone that she's coming down next week, like there ain't no way i'm telling people shit cos i am an excellent secret keeper!"

"Wait Rory's coming? I though she was happy in...wherever she is I don't actually know", Atlas questioned with a frown.

"Who knows man, all i know is the favourite child is returning so i am going to be free every night... so party... at yours next friday?", Isaac then directed towards Yasmine, her parents had been away on business trips most of the year so she had been their best bet.