Chapter 2: I cannot live without you

Linda heard Ethan screaming during his sleep. She left her bed quickly and went upstairs to see her son. The door was open. Therefore, she got in and saw her son's body shaking while he was speaking in a low voice. She tried to wake him up. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes terrified. She said to him:

- Son. It is okay! It is just a dream. Your mom is here with you now. There is no one here with us. We are alone.

- No, he keeps talking to me. He keeps blaming me. I cannot be what he wants me to be. I am limited.

Linda pressed his face between her hands and then she said:

- Look at me, darling! There is no one here. You should stop this.

- All right!

Linda went to check his medicine packet and then she said:

- Did you take your medicines?

- No, I did not. I had enough of them. They always make me lazy. I cannot study with these medicines. I cannot be what I want when I take them.

- Darling listen to me. You should take your medicines. They will let you sleep enough and have some comfort in the next day. Son, sometimes, we have to choose the less harmful thing between two tough choices; you have to take your medicines to avoid getting up two times each night screaming up. At least you would have some rest.

- Mom. I am tired of living this painful life. I wish I just died and all of this suffering have finished.

- No, no, darling! You are the only thing that makes me still wake up each morning. You are my whole life.

- I know! Nevertheless, I made you suffer from my first day in this life. I hope I died on the first day and did not make you experience all of that! I wish you had another healthy boy and not me!

Linda was stunned. She hugged him and then she said:

- Son! Do not ever say this again. I cannot live without you. You are my whole life.

She kissed his front and then she smiled at him:

- I just think that you have a lot of pressure on you in your first year in high school. Look, let us have our own break from school, work, and doctors tomorrow.

- Okay, mom!

- I love you, darling! You seem so tired. Have some rest, please!

- Good night!

- Good night!

The room was warm but the warmth of love was the most obvious thing in it. Linda looked at his books that were arranged on the table, then she looked back to her son gratefully, and then she left. He always tidies and cleans the house to help his mother. Sometimes, at least he makes sure to take care of his room. He always felt that she is doing more than she have to do towards him after his father left. He loves her in the way that he wishes his life would end and she could live a normal life. His love reached the level of wishing he could sacrifice anything for her comfort and her happiness. He could not know how he can make her happy, but he always knew that his sickness made her sad.

Linda stayed sitting in the corridor for four minutes to make sure that he returned to sleep then she went back to her room hoping he will not wake up again.