Chapter 1 - The beginning

" Turn left "

"Turn left"

"Turn left "

I groaned "where am I supposed to turn left you stupid shit, it's one road in the middle of the forest for fuck's sake".

"Turn left"

I groaned turning it down. " I don't need this right now ". looking through the surrounding trees as i sped through the darkness, my headlights being the only source of light each pass of a tree creating a shadow on to the next, maximizing the spookiness of this forest. the road seemed endless, not a soul in site. a small spark of fear entered me, being a lone female driving through this forest in the middle of the night may not have been the smartest idea but i had no choice.

Thinking of my life before I started getting berated by the gps who needs a new update by the sounds of it. The day before was hell my ex-fiancé who -shall- not -be -named - John decided it was a beautiful time to show his assistant what our bedroom looked like.

Balls deep in his assistant, i got home from work earlier than usual to surprise him for his birthday. Typical how you find out his cheating scenario in my opinion, but thats just how he is ; un-original

my rage filled thoughts filled my head as i remembered the scene. walking through the front door of our apartment, a lacey pink bra laying abandoned in the corridor, a males pants followed steps after, a pair of lacy matching pantie's soon followed leading towards our bedroom. I knew what was happening, i could hear it as i stepped closer to our room , the grunts and feminine moans coming through the door, bringing me closer and closer to my breaking point. I slowly raised my hand to the doorknob praying he was just watching porn and i was at the risk of an over reaction. scenarios rushing though my head as i hesitated turning the doorknob. How long has it been for us ? nearing 6 months now since his last touched me. not that i never tried , i was always in the mood for sex. but he as always brushed it aside saying he had a long day at work and was too tired. i believed him , i knew what he did for work, knew every aspect of what was expected, how much work you would need to put into it, i gave him that opportunity, this life. when we both applied for the role not knowing we both did, we both got accepted for the interview. it was between the both of us who would get it. they started to favor me in the end, and John got upset with that saying he wanted to marry me and how he should be the man to support his new wife with a good job, and that eventually id get pregnant and leave, how it would have been a wasted opportunity. i believed him. i grew up rough with no support from my parents i needed that comfort in wanting someone to take care of me. I declined the role, hope filled me in the sense of finally about to receive a life i had always dreamed of and it came. i few months into his role he proposed, he was happy...i was happy one year passed, i found a job i was happy with and he started having late work nights, we both did. it wasn't something new, so i never thought of it. call it naivety. His groans getting more hoarse as he went on, defeat filled me. Even when we did have sex we never sounded like this, her vocal improvement only confirming my horror and his technique.

"oh god john! " she screamed. I released the knob as if it was on fire. Horror filled me as my world came crashing down on me. tears gathered in my eyes as stepped back through the corridor almost tripping over the console table i grabbed onto my flower vase before it crashed down notifying my guests of my arrival. i slowly fixed it back on the table, my gaze drifted to my hand mocking me. i took it off and placed it in clear site for him and wrote him a note saying that i found a man with a bigger dick and how he can pass on my ring to his mistress. not strong enough to confront him or get any of my things, i left with only the clothes on my back.

i did end up calling a close friend of mine, she insisted i go stay with her for a few weeks, so that's why i am here now. driving through a forest late at night... most likely lost.