Am I That Obvious [Mutsuki x Shinomiya]

Mutsumi’s POV

Soft wind sipped through my open mouth, breaking into the still silence within the history room. Screeching metal breaking my trance, “Asuma, why are you here alone..?” Shinomiya’s brown eyes stared into mine, his soft hand pushing against the plastic gray table my arms rested upon, “The others wanted to do Karaoke today, we’re all curious if you’d like to join. But I didn’t expect you to be alone here. Are you always alone in here..?”

Smiling softly, setting down the romance book occupying my fingers, “I think I could make it. When is it happening..?” Burning flooded through my cheeks, eyes breaking from his. Fidgeting with the closed book on the table. 

“Cool, we’re going right after school,” Looking back towards him, heart skipping a beat from his adorable smiling face. Silence over took the room before Dingggg, loud ringing followed through filling the empty halls, “Crapp, I’m lateee.” Sliding of the door echoed within the room before the sound of his footprints added to it, slowly drifting away with time.  

Biting my lip, my hand slipping into my hair as I let out a deep sigh, ‘He’s gonna kill me one of these days..’ Laughing softly at the thought, eyes looking toward the open window. 

“Maybe.. Just maybe..”

—----------------------------------------------------------

Echoes of steps strode through the filled hallways, the end of school was finally here. Everyone hurrying out the building, as if any fluctuation of time left standing would restart the long day.

“Nana, I thought you said Mutsumi and Shinomiya were coming too. Did they suddenly decide against it..?” Igarashi hummed, his dull pink eyes staring into the other’s frustrated glance. Kae’s voice in the background fangirling with Nishina, who learned of a new series. One which would be full of romantic gay attraction.

“I’m not a messenger pidgin so how the HELL would I know..??” Nanashima huffed, rolling his green eyes. Echoing footsteps approached fast, Nana looked towards it. Mutsumi and Shinomiya approached, hands grasping each other, “Sorry about the wait.” Mutsumi said, biting his quivering lip. 

Kae’s face turned, eyes burning with enjoyment at the two, “Omgg there holding hands, what if they grew closer..?! Hugged, Kisseddd, Omg that, that would bee..”

“I know.!!! So tender, loving, bold. I-I would just let the gods have me.!!!” Nishina squealed, hands colliding with each other. Smiles expand their faces.

Shinomiya ripped his hand away, blushing covering his face as he bowed down to Mutsumi, “I’m sorry for grabbing you without asking.. I-I just didn’t want to be late.. Yet we still ended up that wayyy..”

“Don’t worry, I didn’t mind. Not like it means anything,” He croaked out, smiling softly at the other. Silence hanging in the air.

“Alright, we’re finally all here. Let’s get going,” Nana broke the silence, walking away with the others following. 

‘Why did that hurt so much to say.. After all, Shinomiya makes it obvious he only likes Kae.. Why did I have to fall for him..’ 

“Are you coming or not..?! What’s with you today..?!!” Nana turned, glaring at Mutaumi who immediately started walking.

“Right, sorry. Just a bit lost in thought,” He smiled, “Coming.”

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------—

Kae’s POV

“Nishina, have you noticed something about Mutsumi and Shinomiya, after Karaoke they’ve been acting differently. Like they started dating or something,” She shook her head, pushing her pointer finger against her lips.