07. 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

"𝐈𝐍 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒."

It was well past midnight, the halls of their Stratum well past empty, darkness enveloping every corner of every room.

The cafeteria however, normally empty at this time, sat 3 individuals. The lights of the room were off aswell, likely for privacy.

It made it all the more nicer that Adonis knew exactly who one they all were.

The rest of his team was asleep, awaiting their game against Team W—the second best in their stratum.

It had been a long day of practicing their new formations, more of ego's lectures, and an update in rankings (He remained af 265), the team was well past exhaustion.

He had planned on sleeping too, but he couldn't. His mind was plagued by thoughts of his life back at home with his sister.

To be honest, he missed it, his "backwater" lifestyle. His boring job, his nonexistent social life—all of it.

He left it all behind to pursue some stupid project the JFA created to save face. He wasn't even having fun here.

And so he lay there, with the weight of his homesickness sat much too heavy on his mind.

Fortunately, he wouldn't have to dwell on it much longer, a bright light forcing his eyes open.

'Kuon?' Adonis thought to himself, confused as to why his teammate was carefully sneaking out at this time.

He waited for a little, and then followed the boy, and that's how he now found himself in this situation.

Kuon had been here ratting out their entire team for atleast 20 minutes now, giving away all their techniques, skills, and strategies.

Adonis wasn't dumb, he knew that it was the Wanima twins he was talking to. The stars of Team W. He just didn't know what Kuon was getting in return.

"Last is Akito Kaguya. He's the highest ranked out our team and he's ambidextrous. Honestly, I don't know much about the introvert." Kuon speaks, mocking Adonis.

"But here's the thing, he has these crazy ass physicals— he has atleast a 35 inch vertical, and i'm pretty sure he's the fastest... and the strongest.

Adonis listens to the man tell these people everything about him, going into more detail than he had for anyone else.

"He hasn't done much in our games... but just look out for him"

Kuon himself didn't know too much about the top rank, all he knew was that if the man didn't just stand around on the backline so much they may have won the first game.

Honestly, he couldn't be sure if the man was actually Akito Kaguya, how many people have that type of scar on their nose, and the ones on his body? He, like many, knew Adonis Saint did.

That little band-aid he was using to cover the nose scar wasn't fooling him like it did his team, he couldn't keep it on all the time.

But it was still a reach, so that wasn't info he was willing to share.

Adonis's stomach churned with disgust, anger building up in his body the more he listened to Kuon speak.

He could tolerate many things, but he didn't take much of a liking to snakes. At all.

Deciding he had heard enough, he turned, walking back to their living quarters, a new objective in mind.