i think we all expected this

short chapter!

Playing: illicit affairs|Taylor Swift

~Look at this godforsaken mess you made me~

We pulled up to the restaurant and I took Lizzie's hand through the parking lot. She squealed when she saw a boy in the window with fluffy blonde hair. She rushed in and started flirting with him much to Michael's annoyance. 

"Should we get the table close to Liz and her new boyfriend?" Michael scowled slightly and shrugged. "I don't have a good feeling about him, but I guess." We walked to the table behind them and sat down.

We ordered our food quickly and somehow managed to get Liz back over here. 

Michael started acting weird all of a sudden. He purposely blocked my view towards the front door and talked loudly.

"SO Y/N, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR THESE PAST COUPLE WEEKS...?" I looked at him skeptically and sighed. "Nothing."

"Why are you acting weird?"

"I'm not!"

"Yeah, you are." 

Without warning, I shoved past him and saw what he was protecting me from.

Sammy.

With another girl.

My hands covered my mouth in shock. Michael got a worried look on his face. "I'm uh... I'm sorry." Sammy finally noticed me and his eyes went wide for a moment. Then he walked over here with his prostitute arm candy.

"Funny seeing you here," I mumbled. He smiled smugly and My voice cracked. "Thought you were special, huh?" My fists clenched and I tried to hold back the tears. Michael said a few not-so-nice- words that I couldn't say out loud and Sammy retorted. "She's ugly anyway. Patricia here is a lot better. And curvier." That was the final straw for Michael. 

He launched a pun and Sammy's face and war broke out. 

Sammy punched Michael in the nose, Mikey kicked Sammy in the balls, and so on.

I felt stupid. I didn't listen to Michael's warnings. He was right. I was wrong.

I walked to the bathroom silently and took out my pocket knife.

Should I?

Now that I know I mean nothing to Sammy, what do I have left? Michael probably still hates me. I took a shaky breath and raised it to my chest.

It penetrated the skin, and I winced. I willed myself to go deeper.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Michael asked, barely a whisper

Startled, I dropped the knife and was met with Michael's wet eyes.

"You're too important to just... die."

"No, I'm not," I said, my voice shaking, "Everyone will do just fine without me."

His voice raised a little. His hands were shaking and he refused to look me in the eye. "Who cares about everyone? What about me?" He lowers his head into his hands, covering his eyes. Then he crosses over to me, and without hesitation, presses his lips to mine. (i took a lil inspo from insurgent. read the book i swear its so good its the second book of a four part series!)

"I love you." He says.

I drop the knife and hug tight. Tighter than I have ever before.

"I missed you," I said.

For a bit, we just stood in the bathroom in a comfortable silence, holding hands. That is until we heard banging on the door. 

"GET BACK OUT HERE, AFTON!" I tensed up, but Michael whispered, "It's alright. He's weak, anyway."

I giggled softly. One more question lingered in my mind. "So... Are we a thing now? We don't have to be if you don't want to..." I trailed off. 

"I'd love to have you as my girlfriend, Y/N." He whispered into my ear as he dashed off to fight with Sammy.

When he ran off, I sat on the floor and felt slightly light-headed. Then it got more intense. I breathed heavily and felt a pain coming from my chest.

I gently touched where the knife penetrated me, and it was deeper than I thought. My hand retracted covered in blood.

"Michael." I wheezed. I leaned on the wall for support as I walked out of the restroom.

Sammy paused for a second when he saw me. Then he continued trying to fight Michael.

"Michael.."

Then everything went black.

That's the end of the story! I'm so proud of myself for writing this and I'm so thankful for my viewers! I never thought I would have gotten this far, and I'm close to 2k reads! Thanks for your support guys, you mean so much to me! 

Any story suggestions?