3 - I Owe You an Explanation

NYA'S POV

I couldn't do anything, okay? I made a deal. He said he'd kill her and everyone for that matter if I didn't turn them in. I left the warehouse with Jaya, my daughter who was kidnapped at birth. (explained in oneshots. Chapter: Chaos-es) 

Yeah. The nurse told me she just didn't survive. Dr Manak (I prefer to call him Dr maniac instead) kidnapped Jaya to use me to do all the bad stuff. 

I found out in the 17th realm. Every time I saw Garmadon he'd show me Jaya and somehow I was able to talk to her.

I left the warehouse and Jaya was holding her stuffed teddy tightly as I held her when I was grappling across the city to get to the monastery. We got to the top of the monastery and I saw blood on my hand and saw that Jaya looked all weak and pale. Then I realised that they cut right down her arm before I came for her. 

I closed the gate behind me and tried to get inside but it was locked so I kicked the door gently and leaned my head on it in frustration. I didn't want to wake anyone up but Skylor was already awake so she opened the door.

"What are you doing out here so late?" she asked.

"I went on the mission with the others."

Her eyes widened. "What? That's not what we agreed on! Th-The warning! The trap!"

"I know I wasn't with-with them. I was- it's just-"

Sky put her hands on her hips. "So where are the others?"

"Overlord got them."

"WHO??"

"Not the overlord- Manak. Dr Manak. He possessed Garmadon."

Skylor stared at me, confusion written all over her face. Her expression changed to a softer one as she knelt down to Jaya with a small smile on her face to make Jaya comfortable. "And who's this?"

"Jaya..."

"As in...?" I nodded. She examined Jaya's arm and breathed in through her teeth, "You poor thing..." 

"I will explain everything I promise but I just-"

Sky stood up on her feet again and interrupted me, "Shh."

"I'll explain in the morning-"

"Nya, shut up," she whispered. "Do you hear that?"

I stayed silent and heard faint beeping. I looked down at Jaya, who was clutching onto her bleeding arm. I took her teddy and put it against my ear. I opened it and took something out. I dropped the remains of the plushie.

"Shit. It's a bomb! Get down, now!!" I threw the bomb as soon as it hit 3 seconds on the timer. I dragged Skylor to the ground, crouched and hugged Jaya tightly, tucking her ears. As the bomb exploded, Jaya screamed and everyone else ran out. They saw the gate of the monastery destroyed. We went inside and PIXAL helped stich up Jaya's cut. In the mean time, Harumi, Zane, Skylor and Master Wu put the other kids back to sleep again.

"Are you okay, Nya?" Pix asked.

"No, not really." We've finished stitching Jaya up.

"Would you... like to tell me?"

"I'll explain everything to everyone in the morning..." I sighed as I avoided eye contact with the nindroid.

"Okay... just remember that we're here if you need, okay? You seemed quite distant lately." I went to the room where the other kids were to put Jaya to sleep.

"I'm scared..." She whispered.

"There's no need, okay? You're safe here. These lot will take care of you..."