8: Death of a Mortal, Birth of a Star

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊✩₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

"Look at the two of you... so out of line with each other."

Erin got back up and tried to stab Antares but he slammed her into the roof.

"You little light scum... you're just like Electra... getting in my way every single time."

He picked up Alex and started to drain the magic from him. "This is where I get my crown back." Antares stooped and looked down at his chest to see Erin's sword through it. Antares dropped Alex and Erin ran to pick him up. She grabbed her sword and took off with Alex over her shoulder.

***

Alex wrapped his wound and laid back on the floor. Erin had just come in from walking Luna and brought a bottle of water over for Alex.

"You need to leave..." He said out of the blue.

"What? No, I-"

"It's not safe...Antares wants to kill both of us and I don't need your death on my hands-"

"But the festival is tomorrow, we can fix this and stop him-"

"Do you want to fucking die? Do you not know who he is? He's one of the most powerful stars out there and you're just an 18-year-old. You won't fight him, you will die if you do so."

"What about Luna-"

"That's a wolf, she's going back to the wild where she belongs."

"...So you're just going to abandon us?"

"Erin, no-"

Erin got up and stormed off to the bathroom grabbing her school uniform. She came back with it on and grabbed her bag along with Luna's leash.

"Let's get this over with."

The car ride was quiet as the car pulled up to the school. Erin patted Luna's head and got out.

"I hope you think you're doing right Alexander...bye.."Erin said while closing the door.

***

Erin sat in the hallway with her head low. The whole school was going on and on about the festival but at this point, she felt nothing about it but disappointment. At this point, she realized that no one had noticed that she had gone missing. She decided to go back to the chambers and read through some of the remaining scrolls.

"Still forever looking for something?"

"You..." Erin turned around to see Antares. "You bastard-"

"Oh but I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to show you." A line of magic dragged Erin to the near end of the tunnel but stopped as Antares grabbed something from the outside.

Erin's eyes widened as she saw that it was her own body.

"That, this can't be real..."

"You ever wonder how you can use magic like that without breaking your body? Because you're dead. You've been dead. Ever since Water Boy touched you, you died. He always said that you would be the dead of him but he was the death of you. See? Water tells lies all the time yet we still need it to live, Isn't that right Erin dear?"

"That can't be true-"

"But I need Electra to live, and she needs light so I'm just going to to kill you now?"

"Antares please, Electra is gone, okay? I don't need to die-"

Erin was flung towards the caverns before her arm was cut off. She managed to create a spell before she hit the ground. She looked up at the sky with tears in her eyes. She noticed her bag tossed to the side of her. She opened it to see the charms and the water one fell out alongside a note.

Erin, I am very sorry that we may have to split paths, but Antares wants something from you and me and it involves your life. Please take my charm and use it to protect yourself. - Alexander

Erin held the charm and grabbed her bag. Her arm started to regrow and she checked her bag for the pocket watch Alex had given her. It was 7:48 am and she had less than 16 hours to stop this monster.

After hours of trying Erin managed to get into the water district and she ran to find Alex. The sky was stuck in a sunset-like hue and the streets were flooded with cars and trucks. Erin decides to get up onto the rooftops. She jumped across, to each rooftop till she got to the beam.

When she entered the beam it was dead quiet. She heard things moving and when she turned back around the door was gone. The moving ground tried to attack Erin but she jumped out of the way. She ran through the corridors until she ran into Antares.

"And I thought you were dead.."

"Death of a mortal, birth of a star..."

Antares sent walls flying at Erin but she dodged them and tried attacking him. He threw her away but she sent a blade spell towards him. It cut Antares' face and he held his hand to where red blood and yellow magic dripped from. He got angry and sent Erin flying out of a window.

She fell through the air but used an air spell before she could hit the ground. She looked back at the beam and decided to walk away. She checked the watch again and it was now 8:10 am.