ix. The Date

On the weeks leading up to Christmas break, Felicia was busy.

Tests, homework, pop quizzes, worksheets, essays, group projects and tutoring sessions were taking up all of her time, her thoughts bouncing back and forth between each assignment.

However, her tutoring sessions were at the very bottom of what she'd started to call her 'burden list'. And she had Peter Parker to thank for that.

After successfully asking him out, Felicia could barely wipe the smile off her face, something Misty noticed Monday morning after the session at Harry's house.

"You're in a good mood," she pointed out, raising an eyebrow and smirking at her friend.

"I am," said Felicia, a big, stupid grin breaking out on her face. Before Misty could even ask, she blurted out, "Peter and I are going on a date."

Misty's jaw hung slack for at least half a minute as she stared at Felicia, expecting her to burst out laughing and tell her there was a hidden camera and she'd just been pranked on national television. But she didn't. She just smiled.

"Holy shit!" Misty cried finally, giggling and shoving Felicia's shoulder gently. "Look at you!"

Felicia blushed as she opened her locker, "You know it's my first date ever, right?"

Misty's laughter subsided as she nodded and smiled at her friend comfortingly, "Yes. But you'll do great. Besides, Parker looks like the type of guy you'd want your first date to be with. And speaking of..."

Felicia looked around quickly. Too quickly, she figured, since she heard Misty laughing behind her. Not that she cared. Peter was with Harry and they were about to walk past her.

Despite being in the middle of a conversation, Peter looked at her and smiled, holding up his hand in a wave without slowing his pace. Felicia smiled back and she could've sworn she saw Harry smirk.

Misty squealed beside her, bouncing excitedly once they were gone. "You're going on a date!"

"I'm going on a date!"

┈┈┈┈

              Felicia and Peter took their last test on a Wednesday, and they received their results the following day.

              "Congratulations, Ms. Hardy," said Mr. Brown, smiling up at the girl. "You've performed outstandingly. And congratulations, Mr. Parker," he added when he spotted the boy approaching the desk, his exam paper in hand. "Your student is remarkable,"

              Peter smiled as he came to a halt next to Felicia, "It's all her, Mr. Brown. It's easy tutoring someone so brilliant,"

              Felicia felt her face growing hot. She managed a smile when Peter faced her. He signaled to the door and she nodded. Waving at Mr. Brown first, they walked out of the classroom, their shoulders brushing.

              "That was really nice of you back there," Felicia said, the smile still on her lips.

              "I was just telling the truth," Peter said with a shrug, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "You really are great,"

              "You're being worryingly kind to me today, Parker," joked Felicia, narrowing her eyes. "You want something, don't you?"

              At this, Peter laughed, "Well, I am looking forward to that date,"