Chapter 1: Some friends

Chapter 1

Katniss P.O.V.

I feel really bad about going to school today and it's only second day. How did I even manage to make enemies the first day? Or enemies... More like people who doesn't like me.

I still don't really understand exactly how it happened. First they want me with them, than they tell me they're going to make my life a living hell... Without even explaining what the hell I did. Why?

I sigh as I take my bag and walk down the stairs. I find my family in the kitchen.

"Good morning sunshine", my dad says in a happy voice.

"Morning dad", I say as he kisses my cheek.

My mom is frying eggs.

"How many do you want Kat?" She asks.

"None", I answer.

"You always eat so much in the mornings, you always say that breakfast is the best meal of the day", Prim says. "You always say that..."

"I get it Primmy, but I just don't feel like eating this morning", I say and sit down. "I'm not hungry".

I feel my dads hand on my forehead and sigh. Now they think I'm sick. I'm not sick. I'm just... Worried I guess.

"I'm not sick!" I say and slap away my dads hand. "I'm just not hungry".

"Are you sure?" My mom asks, putting a plate with fried eggs on the table for Prim.

"Yes! God, all this because I'm not hungry one morning?" I ask.

They look at me with a doubtful look. All three of them.

"I have to go", I say and stand up. "See you after school. Love you".

I walk out of the kitchen and out to the hall. I open the front door and walk to my green car.

I open the car and sit inside it. At first I just sit there. Doing nothing. Thinking. What have I gotten myself into? Eventually I have to start driving to school, and that's when I turn on the car engine and drive off.

When I reach the school I find a spot and park.

Time for day number two.

I take my bag and walk out of the car, locking it behind me.

I take nervous steps towards the entrance. And I seem to get even more nervous as I reach the doors. Damn, I'm even more nervous than I was yesterday.

I walk into the building and towards my locker. I quickly grab my things from my locker and hurry towards my first class of the day. Math.

When I reach the classroom it's open. I sit down at an empty seat, trying to make myself invisible.

I wait as the classroom fill with students. I know that someone sits beside me but I don't look up to see who it is.

The teacher starts up the class.

I start with the assignments and after a while someone taps my shoulder.

I look up at the person beside me. It's a girl. Her thick red hair is set up in a high bun on top of her head. She has big bright green eyes. And she looks pretty small but like a very cute girl. I bet guys are all over her all the time.

"Hey", she whispers.

I don't say anything. I don't even know why she's talking to me to be honest. I mean why would she talk to me?

I just nod to her and look back down at my assignments. I feel a tap on my shoulder again.

I'm starting to feel a little irritated now. What does she want? Does she want to tease me? Harass me? Like those girls said?