CHAPTER 10 | The Lord of Tides

Laerys did not return home. In one specific reason, in the letter it was told that his army were ambushed and pinned to the grounds of the Stepstones.

Ysaera had gone quiet about it. Aerus and Saeya had knew about Laerys, there wasn't any point for Ysaera to hide it.

Today, a day after Laena's death, she were to return to Dragonstone with Rhaenyra. She stood by the cliff; watching Viserys return to Kingslanding.

"Fire is such strange power." she says as Daemon stood beside her. "Everything that house Targaryen posseses is owed to it. Yet it has cost as both what we love."

"Perhaps the Velaryon's knew the truth of it. The sea is their better ally." Daemon replied.

"Fire is a prison, the sea offers an escape." said Ysaera and looked at Daemon. "I need you, brother." she says. "I cannot face the greens alone."

"Let us bind our blood."

"Just as Aegon the conqueror did with his sisters. With you as my husband and Prince consort, my claim will not be easily challenged."

Daemon looked at her as she continued. "The Velaryon's are of the sea. But you and I, are my of fire, brother. We have always meant to burn together."

Ysaera looked at Daemon; waiting for answers."We cannot marry unless Laerys is dead."

"he.. " Ysaera sighed and looked down. "Laerys had.. died at war in the Stepstones."

Daemon looked at Ysaera with a small smile.

— Dragonstone  —

       Six years it had been since Ysaera had married off to Daemon. Since Laerys' death. Since the incident at Driftmark. And since Laenor was announced dead.

Aerus had begun his tasks and lessons as an heir.

"The conqueror and his sister sailed with great army." siad Jace as Saeya watched Jace struggle translating Valyrian.

Jacaerys repeats the word on his tongue as Ysaera and Rhaenyra entered the room. Jacaerys looked at Saeya. "The end?" he asked.

"The mouth." Saeya answered and smiled and Jace groaned. "Come on, Jace. You know that."

Aerus then sighed."perhaps that's enough this morning." said Rhaenyra.

"No no, I want to keep going." said Jacaerys. The Maester once again started to speak as Jacaerys once more struggled.

"—Killed."

"Felled, Jacaerys." Aerus said as Jace again groaned and Saeya laughed. "It is a related word." she says.

"I don't expect you to learn High Valyrian in a day, Jace." said Rhaenyra.

Ysaera then looked at Daemon; who had just entered the room.

"Leave us." said Ysaera. Jacaerys called for Joffrey as Aerus and Saeya then left along the to brothers.

Ysaera approached Daemon as he gave her a letter from a raven and looked read it. She sighed and gave the letter to Rhaenyra.

"He means question to call into question Luke's legitimacy." Rhaenyra said and looked at the two. "And by extension, Jace."

"Vaemond only cares for the throne at Driftmark and the Velaryon line." Daemon replied. "Not about our politics."