004 | four

———・——— ☆ ———・———

———・——— ☆ ———・———

        It was just past ten O'clock when Seungmin began wrapping up the tutoring session with Bang Lucas. It was supposed to end an hour ago, at nine, but Seungmin was around twenty minutes late anyway, and the topic they went over that day needed a lot of practising and exercises, so that took some time too.

        Bang Lucas was the younger brother of a friend of Minho's. Seungmin guessed that Minho must have mentioned him being a tutor to that friend—Chan—at one point in their conversations which led to Chan asking Minho if Seungmin had any time to tutor his younger brother. Minho told Seungmin about the entire conversation the next day, and although he refused at first, Seungmin adamantly agreed after some persuasion from Minho. It wasn't a bad decision too, as Lucas seemed to be a really great kid to tutor. Not the brightest, he would admit that, but he was much better in terms of wanting to learn and how he acted around him than the others.

        "We have a few more exercises left, but we'll do those next time. Practice if you ever have free time, alright? It'd ease the next class for you," Seungmin said, taking the exercise notebook and collecting whatever was his from Lucas' desk before stuffing it all inside his backpack.

        "I will. I've got exams coming up, though, so I'm not so sure if I can, but I'll try," Lucas replied, sliding his desk chair back before he got out of his seat too. "Do you want me to guide you out or...?"

        "No, no. I know my way," Seungmin said as he put the backpack on. He smiled as he made his way to the bedroom door, and with a small wave he finished, "I'll see you Monday, hm? Goodnight."

        Seungmin met Jessica Bang, Lucas' mother on his way out, and after a quick small talk, he left the Bangs' household. Their home was quite far from his, so instead of walking home, Seungmin took the bus. He reached his house about twenty minutes later, and after entering, he locked the front door behind him, leaving his shoes outside before walking inside.

        Of course, as usual, his mother was in the living room again, sleeping. Her greying hair was covering her face as she somehow managed to fit her entire body on the small-sized sofa, huddled into a ball, her knees pulled to her chest. Seungmin just said a small hello before getting on the stairs, ready to make his way to his room, when he heard her voice.

        She had never replied to his greetings before. What did she even say? Seungmin didn't hear her. He moved from his paused state at the stairs and took a few steps back into the living room, where his mother was moving the hair out of her face.

        "What?" he questioned, watching as his mother, after some struggling, finally sat up and looked at him.

        "He went through your room." She was slurring her words, but Seungmin had grown to understand this way of speaking and what she was saying, even when it was barely audible.