Part 9 Fish Brain

Stepping into the shower, I let the hot water run over my body, each drop helping to wash away the stickiness of sweat and the weight of my revelations. It was a moment of solitude and purification, a brief sanctuary where the water's warmth offered a semblance of renewal. As I stood there, letting the water envelop me, I could feel a fraction of the tension dissolve, carried away down the drain.

Feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, I turn off the water and step out of the shower. I reach for a plush, white towel, wrapping it around me to absorb the remaining droplets of water on my skin. The warmth of the towel envelops me as I step onto the soft bath mat, ready to continue with the rest of my day.

Once fully dressed, I venture into the kitchen, eager to prepare breakfast. The kitchen is a delightful blend of modern and rustic charm, with polished concrete floors, white shaker-style cabinets, and open wooden shelves displaying an array of colourful dishes and mugs. Natural light spills in through a large window above the sink, highlighting the white subway tile backsplash and the gleaming stainless steel appliances. A sturdy wooden island occupies the centre of the room, offering ample space for meal preparation and casual dining.

—--------------

As I begin to explore the kitchen, I notice a series of colourful sticky notes adhered beneath the tiles near the stove. My lost memory has left me dependent on these notes to guide me through my daily routine. Curiosity piqued, I started reading them, one by one. They offer a variety of helpful information: the locations of pots and pans, reminders to purchase groceries, and suggestions for favourite recipes.

I turn my attention to the refrigerator, hoping to find something to eat for breakfast. As I open the door, I'm greeted by a well-organised assortment of fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and assorted condiments. A note on the fridge door reminds me to purchase eggs, milk, and bread on my next shopping trip. For now, however, I have enough ingredients to prepare a satisfying meal.

Inspired by the notes, I decided to make a fruit and yoghurt parfait. I reach for a glass bowl from the open shelves and begin layering vanilla yoghurt, granola, and a colourful medley of sliced strawberries, blueberries, and banana. I top off my creation with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of chia seeds for added texture and nutrition

As I sit down at the wooden island with my parfait, I can't help but feel a sense of gratitude for the colourful sticky notes that have guided me through the kitchen. Despite my memory loss, I am able to navigate my daily routine with ease, thanks to the thoughtful reminders that have become my lifeline. And as I savour each bite of my delicious breakfast, I am determined to continue unravelling the mystery of my past and embracing the adventure of rediscovering my life.

After enjoying my breakfast, I grabbed a cup of tea and walked into the living room. It was a modern and stylish room with two sofas in red and blue colours and a coffee table in the middle. The walls were white and sleek, with a big TV screen mounted on one of them. On the opposite wall, there was a balcony with sliding glass doors that reached from the ceiling to the floor. The balcony offered a stunning view of the city from the fifth floor of the high rise building. I could see other buildings, cars, and people below me. The glass doors let in plenty of natural light and fresh air into the living room.

In one corner of the room, there was an aquarium with a goldfish swimming inside. The aquarium had a clear glass tank with some rocks and plants at the bottom. The goldfish was orange and shiny, with long fins and scales. It looked happy and curious as it swam around. In the aquarium, there was a note that said "The fish Brain - The name of the goldfish". On the wall above the aquarium, there was another note that said "I need to be fed once every day. My food is in the cupboard underneath the aquarium". I felt amused and intrigued by these notes

'I smiled at the goldfish and said hi to it. "Hey, Devise Brain. How are you today?" I asked. The goldfish didn't answer, of course, but it seemed to look at me with interest. I crouched down and opened the door of the cupboard underneath the aquarium. Inside the cupboard, there were some supplies related to the aquarium, such as a filter, a heater, a net, and some cleaning tools. I rummaged inside the cupboard and found a bottle that said "The Fish Brains Food" on it. I took it out and closed the door. I unscrewed the cap and took some food from the bottle. I sprinkled it over the water of the aquarium. As soon as I did that, the goldfish swam up to the surface and started to eat eagerly. It looked like it was enjoying its meal. I put the bottle of fish food back in the cupboard and closed it again.

I watched the fish Brain for a while, admiring its beauty and grace. I wondered who had left it here and why. I looked around the room, hoping to find some clues. as it is in the kitchen and bedroom here in the living room walls were covered with sticky notepads and notes on them. but it was very hard to read from this far. I parched and read some of them randomly.

One note provided essential information: "In case of emergencies, use the numbers 999 or 112. For non-urgent medical assistance, the correct number to call is 111."

A separate note offered a personal reminder: "Make sure to record your dreams. They could hold significance."

Lastly, a note for emotional support read: "If you find it difficult to accept your current circumstances, reach out to Barry at 08766577675 for support."