Author's Note

How should I greet the readers or should I even?
*hears a noise*
Somebody's here, I should say something.
*turns around*

Welcome, dear traveller! Are you lost? If so, I hope you have a little time and won't leave this place too quickly.

I even have tea and cookies! Here, have some and sit down. ^^

If you are interested, I can tell you a story, a story about a cat, a crow, a witch and a boy.

Once upon a time, there lived a... no, let's not begin like that!

Asha, a black cat, and her friend Kyrell, a hooded crow, are living their best lives as the familiars of the town witch Cybele. But as Cybele goes missing, their peaceful lives are threatened and they need the help of a mysterious boy to find her.

___

As you may have already noticed, this story is my entry for the Open Novella Contest (=ONC) 2024, based on these prompts:

81. The town's witch has gone missing and no one is looking for her but her two familiars - a crow and a black cat, plus the teen who has always been scared of her.

84. A witchy tale from the perspective of the familiar.

___

Last year I tried to write two stories in english, but after not qualifying for the second round I lost all motivation and quit...

This year I want to try again and do it right! Fingers crossed that I can make it further with this one and my motivation lasts. ;D

So please help me and give me motivation boosts with voting and commenting! I'll really appreciate it! <3

Another important thing to note is that english is not my first language! So if you see any mistakes in spelling or grammer, please let me know!

__

Hope you enjoy reading! ^^