Chapter 5

(EXT. Car wash. 6:45 pm)

Chuck had gone to get the Ferrari cleaned and detailed, just like his boss instructed. He may have accidentally given the car a few dents and scratches on the way. But, in his defense, he'd never driven a vehicle that powerful before.

As he was cleaning off the windshield he saw something in the corner of his eye. He recognized them as the two guys from the fan meet. One of them was attempting to do kick flips on their shared skateboard while the other was putting a bright pink collar on their chihuahua.

They must have recognized Chuck or had noticed the 'Cage' license plate because they started to make their way over.

"Hey! You're Johnny's assistant guy? Ain'tchu?" Creed inquired as they walked closer. The chihuahua, who Chuck remembered being named Ford f-150, barked happily at him.

"Umm.. i-" Chuck started, but his words lost him. Instead, he hesitantly nodded his head yes.

"See! I fucking TOLD you it was him!" Cairo exclaimed, smiling widely at the fact he'd been proven right. Creed made the 'yap yap' motion with his hand in response.

"Uh... yeah, that's me." Chuck replied cautiously, glancing between Creed, Cairo, and the energetic Ford F-150. "What can I do for you guys?"

Cairo grinned, his eyes glinting with excitement. "We were thinking you could take us to see Johnny? Or at least give us his number? You know, since you're Johnny's assistant and all."

"Plus... he did offer to give us acting lessons so we can audition for Ninja Mime 2." Creed stated simply, his eyes moving from Chuck and onto the cherry red Ferrari.

Chuck's mind began to race as he tried to come up with a response that wouldn't land him in hot water with Johnny or compromise his integrity.

Chuck hesitated, glancing at the Ferrari as if seeking inspiration. "Well... you see, Johnny's schedule is tight. I can't promise a meeting, but I can relay your interest. As for the acting lessons, I'll have to discuss it with him first." Chuck's response hung in the air, leaving Cairo and Creed with a feeling of uncertainty. To the boys, it sounded more like "you won't be getting those lessons." But that didn't deter them, it only made them more determined to convince Chuck to take them to see Johnny.

Cairo exchanged a glance with Creed, they were hell-bent on getting those lessons. Chuck's vague response hadn't changed that. "Come on, Chuck." Creed urged, leaning in closer. "We will do whatever it takes. We'll even wash that Ferrari for you."

"Well- I don't think that..." Chuck started to object, and he should but... he really could use the help and Johnny did say he'd give them lessons. Besides.. it was likely they would just keep begging pathetically until they got their way.

Chuck hesitated, weighing the pros and cons in his mind. Finally, he sighed, realizing he might as well give in. "Alright, fine." he relented, "But just this once. And no promises that Johnny will agree to keep you guys around."

Cairo and Creed exchanged grins, their insistence had paid off. "Hell yeah!" the boys exclaimed in unison, already imagining themselves learning from the action star.

Though, of course, they had to pitch in and help Chuck clean up Johnny's ride. They washed the exterior while Chuck focused on cleaning the interior of the car. They shared stories with Chuck about their journey to Cali. Cairo had even managed to conceal all the scratches that came from Chuck's driving.

The four of them made their way back to Jennifer's place to pick up Johnny. But as they arrived they only saw smoke and fire engulfing Jennifer's mansion. Their jaws dropped in shock, but before anyone panicked, Cairo spotted something.

"Hey! There he is! He's getting on the bus...?" Cairo informed, his voice full of confusion. Chuck immediately pressed the gas pedal to the floor. They zoomed off, following closely behind the bus Johnny had boarded.

"Holy shit! Fuck!" Creed yelped, his body being pushed into the seat from the high speed. He held Ford f-150 close to his chest. Though, the small dog seemed completely unfazed.

Cairo shrieked from the abrupt change in speed but quickly got used to it. "Woah, wait- that feels nice." Cairo stated calmly, now smiling widely as they passed other cars.

Two women had been fighting in the convertible that was in front of the bus. Assumably, Johnny was chasing them. The woman wearing red and black had been shoved out of the vehicle. Creed looked to see where the woman had gone, only to see her get absolutely obliterated by the bus. Blood and guts flew all over the busses windshield. His stomach churned and he leaned over the edge to puke. His vomit splattered all over the sides of the freshly cleaned car. Cairo was quick to move over and hold Creed's hair out of his face.

Chuck pulled the car up beside the bus, and just as he did, Johnny jumped out and landed on the hood. He had been trying to reach the convertible, but unfortunately missed. He was lucky that Chuck had pulled the Ferrari up in time.

"Chuck!" Johnny yelled, a genuine smile plastered on his face. The feeling of anxiety slowly began to leave his body. He was so sure he was about to either get run over or tumble down the highway.

"Mr. Cage! I saw you jump on the bus, so I thought I'd follow and-" Chuck attempted to explain but as usual, he was cut off by the actor.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't need the play-by-play. Get me to that car." Johnny ordered as he started to reposition himself. He took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself to jump onto the convertible.

"Yes, sir." Chuck whispered to himself. He acknowledged Johnny's command with a quick nod.

"Hey Johnny!" Cairo shouted, one of his hands holding Creed's hair while he used his other to wave at the actor. Johnny was taken aback at the sight. He made a face of disgust and confusion. He shot Chuck a look, one that said "What the fuck are they doing here?"

Johnny shook his head and focused on the task at hand; asking that lady where Jennifer was. Once he was close enough, he jumped onto the convertible.

"Miss me?" Johnny questioned, flashing his signature smirk. The woman simply punched him square in the nose, causing him to grunt. The impact sent a throbbing pain through his skull.

"Are you always so aggressive?" The actor asked, now clutching his nose as his eyes watered. The tears made his vision blurry, but he quickly wiped them away.

As they fought, Johnny could hear both Creed and Cairo cheering loudly from the car. The air filled with the sounds of grunts and punches. The cheers from Creed and Cairo grew louder whenever the actor landed a good hit. Chuck skillfully maneuvered the car, aligning it perfectly for Johnny's impending leap.

Johnny had noticed the woman was protecting the scroll from him, so he immediately grabbed it when he saw the opportunity. "Okay. Just tell me where Jennifer is, then you can have your dumb scroll." The actor said as he held the item high in the air.

"I don't know! Now give it to me!" The woman yelled, attempting to reach for it but failing. Johnny shoved her away and drifted the cat. It began to run over construction cones and near the edge of the road.

"Well, it's been real... bad. It's been really bad. Later, babe." Johnny remarked before jumping back onto the hood of the Ferrari. The woman gasped while attempting to turn the wheel back, but it was too late. She ran off the road, and the car crashed into a swimming pool.

"Holy shit! That was totally like the movies! Fast n furious type shit!" Creed exclaimed, his voice was left hoarse from throwing up earlier.

"He beat her ass, man! that's my man!" Cairo cheered before realization hit him. His cheering slowly shifted to concern. "Wait a minute...he just beat a woman, oh shit." Cairo murmured, his voice becoming soft.

"Hey, man, she hit him first. It was self defense." Creed retorted, lightly nudging Cairo with his arm. "Plus, did you see her!? She was totally a Ninja or something. No one wears clothes like that."

Johnny gently massaged his nose for a moment in a vain attempt to ease the pain. He then sighed as he heard the 19-year-olds bickering in the backseat. He didn't know how they convinced Chuck or what happened, but he was already preparing for the headache of dealing with them.