~4~ The Puppy

As I wait, I look around, wandering the huge mansion. Up the stairs, around the corner, down the hall, and down another set of stairs that leads right back to the kitchen. I see Jeeves setting the Oreos in an elegant shape on a gold-rimmed plate. Jumping up and down next to him is a puppy no more than five months old. It's a freaking baby German Rottweiler! I've always wanted one but could never ask for it 'cause they're so effing expensive. "Ta-Da! Snack is served!" Jeeves gestures towards the way too fancy plate of Oreos. Ignoring the plate for the time being, I laugh; "Who is this little guy?" I say in a baby voice, trying to coax the puppy closer. I hold out my arms and it dashes towards me; at first taking cautious whiffs then licking my face. I squeal in delight, "THIS IS THE CUTEST DOG I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!" I pick the puppy up with one hand, tucking him under my arm and standing up. With my free hand I grab an Oreo and eat it in one bite. "His name is Oreo. I named him when I was 5," an unfamiliar voice sounds from the hallway. I turn around and see tall, elegant-looking boy about my age. "You must be Mister. I'm Ari," I say, holding out my hand. He grimaces and rolls his bright blue eyes. Oreo jumps from my arms and runs to Jeeves' feet, hoping to receive the snack he was names after.
I let my hand drop and make a mental note- Apparently they're too classy to shake my hand. With a frosty smile I reply, "How cute." He nods and an akward moment passes. "So Mister, do you wanna show me around?"
"Nope. That's what he gets payed for." He says, jerking his thumb in the direction of Jeeves.

"But I was asking you."

"But I'm not gonna do it."

"But you should."

"But I won't."

"Why not?"

"Not why?"

"Huh?"

"Bye!" Myster replies over his shoulder as he escapes my question.

I can't not have the last word in an argument, so thinking quickly- or not at all- I grab an Oreo and chuck it at his head. Jeeves gasps behind me when I hit my target and a look of pure fear takes over his face. Mister's step faulters but other than that, he doesn't react. I was expecting an angry response so when all that I got was a misstep I began to feel a bit of Jeeve's fear. Nobody would walk away from getting hit with even an Oreo without any retaliation, especially a Blue Blood.
-
But he didn't walk away. I looked at the fearful Jeeves and he just shrugs. I look back at Mister with his back facing me. His shoulders tense up and he whips around, a crazy look looming in his gaze. With an evil grin, he said, "Just wait til my parents hear about this."
I cringe. My conscience battles between pride and shelter as I find myself sprinting after the spoiled brat.