Chapter Eleven: Turning The Plan Off And On Again Fixed It, Guys

Scaramouche

I've never really thought about what it felt like to get your blood actively sucked out of your body, but it wasn't at all like I'd expected.

Despite being literally bitten, it doesn't hurt.

It feels really weird.

The best way I can describe it is that it feels....really tingly.

Really tingly.

It also feels like a liquid is being pulled from my body, which it is.

However what I didn't expect was to feel like my entire body had gone numb.

Off pure instinct, I first try to push Kazuha off me, but that doesn't work.

Of course it doesn't.

And yet, once my hands fall from his shoulders, they go completely numb.

My whole body goes numb.

Almost as if I'm paralyzed.

Realizing there's nothing I can really do, I close my eyes and lie still.

Finally, it stops.

I open my eyes to find Kazuha's head on my chest and my shirt beginning to feel oddly wet.

I first think it's my blood, but I eventually notice Kazuha's shoulders shaking.

Oh.

He's crying.

Even though there is blood dripping down my neck, I pat him on the head.

"Are you okay now?" I say, sitting up a little all while being careful to not move him too much.

But, once I sit up my head starts to buzz and I begin to feel dizzy.

Still covering his face in my shirt, Kazuha shakes his head.

"I'm sorry..." He whispers, his voice muffled.

"It's okay..I guess... As long as you're okay." I say.

And then I realize that's the truth.

And I don't even care that he attacked me.

Anyone, human or not, would attack someone if driven to madness.

Mother's words run through my head again, but I shove then down.

"No it's not. I hurt you." Kazuha says.

Suddenly, his head snaps up, his red eyes wide with fear.

"Do you feel okay? Do you feel...normal?" He asks.

"Well...as normal who someone who just had their blood sucked from their body can feel, yes." I say with a small shrug.

I'm trying to stay calm for him and the mission, but inside I'm really freaking the fuck out right now.

Kazuha stares at me for a second.

"How...?" He finally asks.

"What do you mean how?" I ask.

"Even though I had no control...I...I...bit you...with full intent to...to...you know..." Kazuha says before falling silent.

"To what? I'm dumb, okay?" I say.

"To...to make you...like us...but you didn't." He finally finishes.

Make me like them?

What-

Oh.

OH.

He essentially tried to turn me into a vampire.