PROLOGUE

DESTIN WOKE UP TO THE BLARING OF HIS ALARM DESTORYING HIS EARS.

the boy huffed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. New year, same stupid fuckin' school. Slamming his fist on the alarm clock, he sat up, walking to the bathroom down the hallway. 

" why the fuck did i wake up at four a.m. just to move into these new dorms. " Destin muttered, seeming scolding himself for the dumbass idea. In his back pocket his phone rang, and of course, it was Jordan.

" what dis nga want. " Destin muttered, picking up the phone.

" wuddup--- " Destin greeted, before being cut off by his friend ecxesive yelling.

" WHERE YOU AT VRO ! " The other boys voice blared, for such early times J was always so energetic.

" first of all, calm yo nematode built ass up. second, im deadass gettin' ready to leave. " Destin spoke in an aggravated tone.

" my fault, my fault, bro we in the same dorm. " JB said, his legs crossed on his desk.

" woah, so cool. " Destin responded sarcastically, grabbing his keys and suitcase while walking to his front door.

" dont gimme dat sarcasm, ill smack yo green bean built ass to mars, dont play. " JB snickered.

" Whateva', im on my way now. " Destin huffed, hanging up on his friend and walking down the steps if his apartment but realizing it was storming. of course it was storming, what a typical day in Atlanta.

" peachy. " Destin huffed, kissing his tooth.

__________________

Destin walked through the door to the lobby, a whole bunch of guys and girls; some asleep, some just on their phones not paying attention. Destin recognized a few but not all. there was of course JB, who was talking to his friends Stokeley, Jahseh and Jarad. then there was Tyler and Rakim acting like an old married couple. there was also Denzel who was asleep over on a couch by the receptionist desk.

Then there was Jordan Carter and Symere Woods. 

Then of course Ken, but thats about all he could recognize.

There was one dude who looked freakishly similar to Rakim. Then some dude with slick-back braids and a duck hat that said " anita max wynn " or whatever that meant. 

Destin took a seat next to J, not really paying attention to the odd amount of rambling he was doing as he continued his conversation on why a hotdog should be considered a fuckin' sandwich.

" bro, its in between two buns, pause. its basically a sub, n a sub is considered a damn sandwich, but why isnt a hotdog?? " J explained, doing some stupid ass hand movements. He was a oddly animated person.

" bro, its deadass a long piece of meat slabbed in between two buns, a sandwhich has layers, n so do subs. " Stokeley responded, clapping his hands together. 

" first of all, big pause on that whole sentence, second, hot dogs can have layers! you can add chili, relish, onions, ketchup, barbecue sauce, cheese, damn near anything! " Jarad almost a yell. 

" whatchu think des? " J asked. turning to his friend.

" i think.. im going to continue to mind my black business. " Destin muttered as he continued to scroll through instagram. 

" you are NO fun. " J complained, punching Destin in his shoulder, a faint 'ouch' coming from the dark-skinned young man. 

the receptionist rung her bell, trying to get the rowdy teenagers to shut up.

" settle down n come collect the envelopes with ya names on'em, they have your dorm number and key in them.  " The receptionist spoke in a nasily voice. everybody immediately sprung up, grabbing all the envelopes that were on the counter.

" 206. " J said to himself outloud, 

" me too- " Destin said blandly, almost like j just call him n tell him " WERE IN THE SAME DORM ! "

" No dip Sherlock, " J sassed, before grabbing his.. many, suitcases and dragging them to the elevator, holding it open for Destin.

" wait what floor would 206 be? " J asked, debating which floor to click out of all six. 

" uh, 3 possibly? " Destin shrugged, it was a simple assumption considering there was the double digets to get through, then the hundred's, then you get to the 200's.

" good call. " J said simply as he hit the button.

BING!

the elevator came to a stop at the floor, shockingly Destin was correct, but the hallways were like a labyrinth, the hallways were legitamently curved, where the fuck do you see curvy hallways?

" uhhhm. this is going to be, rather interesting. " J muttered,  staring down the odd hallways.

END OF PROLOGUE