not all monsters do monstrous things

setting: auclair academy, 2026

canon: yes

summary: tori has her first day at auclair academy and learns very quickly to be careful who she trusts... though she decides to make the supposedly bold choice, by entrusting a lonely hybrid (and by extension, her redheaded guard dog-roommate)

word count: 3,016

dedication/s: n/a

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Victoria wandered down through the busy corridor filled with lockers, as she ignored the stares she was receiving, and the words that were being said. Though it was annoying, Tori knew being the daughter of Klaus meant people were going to talk... she just hoped it would blow over soon.

In her hands was a slip of paper, with a locker number and combination. She hummed to herself as she counted the lockers, eventually reaching the one that was written down. Tori looked at the combination as she tried to put it in and open the lock, though she paused when it didn't work.

"Huh?" The blonde frowned as she reshuffled the numbers before reentering the combination, only for it to fail again. "What the hell..." The hybrid thought, as she kept trying.

Glen and Valerie, who were approaching their own lockers, stopped in their tracks as they saw the frazzled blonde. The Forde shared a confused look with his roommate, as the Mikealson seemed to be trying to open his locker. Next to that locker, was Valerie's which had an asexual flag sticker on it.

"Who the fuck is that?" Valerie asked in a whisper as Glen shrugged before he took a step forward to approach Tori. "Excuse me, are you new?" He questioned. Victoria stopped fidgeting with the lock as she turned around to face him, "Is it that obvious?" She asked.

"Yeah." Glen responded before he reached out and took the lock, as he placed in his own combination. The look of Tori's face as he opened the locker door (while Glen maintained eye contact) was priceless, and Valerie couldn't help but to burst out laughing.

"Oh wow. That is so embarrassing— sorry, I swear I wasn't trying to break into your locker." Tori admitted, with a nervous laugh before she showed them the slip of paper. Glen couldn't lie, he seemed distracted momentarily by the girl's smile. Valerie then moved to approach them, as they glanced at the slip.

"Who gave you this?" The Harlowe asked. "Uh... this girl, I didn't catch her name... she had long brown hair in braids and she was a bit taller than me." Victoria described as Val and Glen shared an unsurprised look before they groaned, "Carice..."