Chapter 2 : Opening Day

"And following the rules and regulations, Circus Baby's Pizza Wiorld is officially open!"
The ribbon was snipped, and children flocked to the entrance. Except three.
"Let me go, Mikey! Please! I promise I won't go near her!" A little girl with hair the color of autumn leaves hung back with her brothers.
"L- Lizzy, if Papa t-told you to st-stay a-away from her, then he probably h-has a r-reason..."
At that point she kinda snapped, "Didn't I just say that I wouldn't go near her?"
"O-oh..."
"Shut it, both of you." the eldest child hissed, "We're in public, can't you see that?"
"Yes, bubba, we can, we just really don't care," said Elizabeth.
"Alright, I don't even care anymore. Fine, you can go in, but do NOT go near Circus Baby,"
She was gone by the time he finished.
"L-Lizzy! W-wait for me!"
After catching up to her, the trio made their way to the crowd of children.
"You two, I'm going to find the restrooms, Evan, watch her!"
"I don't need a chaperone, bubba-"
"The fact that you're complaining only strengthens my point. Now, shut up, Evan, look after her."
Michael disappeared among the throngs of children.
"L-Lizzy, where do y-you want t-to go?"
"..."
He turned around, "Lizzy?"
His little sister was nowhere to be found, but he knew exactly where she was going. His eyes widened and he ran to Circus Baby's Auditorium.

-

He saw everything. He saw everything, but nobody believed him, just like when they didn't believe him when he told them about the monsters. He told them, It was her, but they didn't listen.

They

never

learn.