Ark 0.5, Chapter 3: Time's up.

TW: DEATH, HEAVY GORE.

[And a drawings of it]

———

Things we love...

Things so close to us.

They get ripped away the fastest.

You know how it feels, don't you?

Now imagined how I felt.

How I felt when I had nothing.

And yet, still, now.

I have less.

———

The day was upon them. The worried and fearful chatter of the people within each and every dorm began to surface.  As caretakers began to ring the bells, the ones to awake and guide the children down to the alter. Lightbulb was already awake when Paper opened the door to check on her.

"I know, I'm coming." She smiled softly and turned away from the window, the uneasiness in her chest. She walked down with the rest of the objects around her to the temple in the catacombs of the school. A stone like cave with markings that littered the walls, pillars and statues were scattered around the stone structure. Deep within the temple was the alter, decorated with ancient symbols of the gods. Above it, a statue. A massive one at that. The object was unrecognizable, it almost seemed to be glitching, or phasing between two different objects... She was confused, but nobody else commented on it, and when she looked back, it had stopped.

Behind the massive statue was a gateway, one with two symbols on either sides. Polar opposites.

Kids were lined up by their age group

Kids were lined up by their age group. Lightbulb found Knife, who was standing with Pickle. Paintbrush soon found them afterwards. The reaping wouldn't start for a small while, so they had time to talk.

"Do you think... One of us have been put in the draw?" Pickle asked with a concerned expression.

"Anyone with a B or higher is put in the draw..." Knife muttered with a bitter tone, one laced with worry. "I got lower than that, so I'm fine."

"I-I got a B overall..." Pickle mumbled.

"Your name is put in less if you have a lower score." Paintbrush reminded. "I got a A-..." They said with a frown.