Ark 0.5, Chapter 4: The Reaping's Bloodshed.

MASSIVE TW: DEATH/GENOCIDE/MASS KILLING

———

This cannot continue.

This world is full of impurity.

Liars.

Murderers.

Corrupt people undeserving of your gift.

Because of this,

History will always repeat itself.

They all deserve death.

Not your protection.

Waste your time not on those that don't deserve it.

But those who truly need protecting from the hatred this world is made from.

THAT is what we are made for Lightbulb.

I'll show them.

Everyone.

———

Bot shifted on the ground, the pain, and their feelings nullifying in an instant. They didn't feel... Anything. They felt so blank. So dull and lifeless. Their mind having no emotion as a base, and began to question things the average person wouldn't.

They lifted their head up, and looked around at the staring eyes that littered the room. "What happened...?" They asked in a monotone voice, as the wounds on their limbs slowly closed.

Lightbulb looked down nervously to the child at her feet. "Y-you... You got caught in the blast...! A-are you alright?"

Bot stared into Lightbulb's eyes before nodding their head blankly.

Soon after Lightbulb took a step back and ran to the alter, where Knife was. She turned him from his side to his back. "Knife...?!" She whispered worriedly.

Knife groaned and opened his eyes a bit, "y-yeah... I... I think... I-I'm fine..." He muttered, his body burning as if it was still on fire.

Lightbulb helped Knife up, and then directed towards Pickle. Pickle was trying to recover, adrenaline kicked in after the explosion, and he was sitting against the stalagmite Bot had pushed him behind, breathing heavily.

"Are you okay...?!" Knife pushed himself away from Lightbulb, he collapsed immediately onto his knees but managed to get over to him.

"As fine as I could be—b-but you shouldn't be doing that Knife!" Pickle strained, but Knife just held him close.

"You know I'll never listen to that..." Knife chuckled.

"H-hah... You dumbass." He said as he reciprocated the hug that was being given to him.

Bot was standing staring off into space. Their confusion and perception of what was happening slowly twisting and swirling around like mist in the wind.

Many of the students that were once in silent horror are now gossiping, chatting, and are taking excitement at promises freedom that awaited them. Some were also still recovering from the horrors they had just witnessed.