That explains it all!

Y'all I fucked around with the dates of the story a little too much and I'm a bit slow today so just pretend it's Saturday now or smth ☠️☠️

I'm Cady blinked softly 'what time is it?' She thought to herself, the clock beside her head said '9:23am'.

The sun was piercing through Regina's curtains, Regina was still sleeping soundly with her arms wrapped around Cady.

Cady was questioning to herself what was really going on last night.

Was Regina flirting or just being friendly?

Do you think she'll put me in the burn book?

Are Gretchen and Karen okay? She kind of kicked them out yesterday..

Is the cafeteria serving pizza bagels on Monday??

Cady's thoughts vanished when she felt Regina behind her shuffling around, seemingly waking up.

Regina muffled "what time is it?" She asked.

"About 9:30-ish" Cady said.

"Thank god it's the weekend.. now I have 2 days to perfect my bitchy attitude that I'll have to act out on Monday." Regina sighs.

"That's all just an act? Why would anybody choose to act rude??" Cady asks, confused.

Regina sits up in bed, "Uhm alright bitch- I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that, I'm excusing you because you're new and like .. you're very unexperienced, basically, if I act mean, it stops people from being mean to me, everyone's scared of me, yeah I don't have a normal life but it's better than being a victim, no offence." She explained.

Cady nodded in understanding.

"I have such a headache.. I'm not used to being up in the middle of the night .. sorry." Cady rubs her head.

"Hey, no, don't apologise for things that aren't your fault." Regina gets out of bed.

"I'll get you some aspirin, stay here." She says.

Cady smiles.

Why was Regina being so nice? Is this some act or some joke??

Moments later, Regina comes back into the bedroom.

"Here, drink up." She hands Cady a glass of water with an aspirin in it.

"Thanks Regina, you're really sweet ... and you shouldn't have to put on a mean act just so you won't be bullied.. you're too good of a person for that." Cady gives Regina a hug.

"And uh.. again.. thanks for trusting me last night .. with coming out and everything ... it's a big deal and I'm just glad that even though we only met like two days ago, that you trusted me." Cady placed her hand on top of Regina's.

"Uhm yeah .. and you swear you won't .. like ... tell anyone right?" Regina needs that confirmation.

"Of course, I'm not like that, I don't out people, especially not my friends." Cady smiles.

Yeah, friends.

"Thankyou .." Regina squeezes Cady's hand.

The tension lingers in the air with the eye contact for about 5 seconds.

Cady breaks the silence.

"Do you think maybe.. we should like .. check on Gretchen and Karen? I feel like we kinda just kicked them out yesterday.. without reason." Cady shrugs.