CLUB HEARTZ: prologue.

⇢ Prologue

Night life in Las Angeles was always an interesting experience. There was so much the city had to offer. People to meet, places to visit, food to eat and memories to make. There were a handful of main attractions that pulled tourist and citizens in alike, all of them in search of a fun time for different reasons.

There was nothing more that Cyntoria enjoyed in life, than being co-owner of one of those special main attractions. One of those places that people could get lost in and find themselves in all in one.

Club Heartz had had its grand opening around six months ago. On this day exactly, of May 10th, 2022, it has made its sixth month. What better way to celebrate than having a discount night?

"Remember Dez. Ladies get in for $20, $30 after 11." Cyntoria said, tapping the burly body guard on his strong shoulder as she stood by watching the line expand. It wraps around the building, music blasting from behind her as the dj got into his set list for the night.

"Of course Mrs.Heartz. Mr.Heartz made sure to remind me a little bit earlier." Dez nodded, jutting his index and middle finger in a forward motion to call for next in line.

"Okay. I'm just making sure." Cyntoria sighed, looking around a bit before raising a brow. "Speaking of, where is he? I haven't seen him in a bit."

"Last I seen he was going back to his office."

Cyntoria hummed. Of course he would be in there. Drowning himself in paperwork and phone calls whilst she was left to ensure everything on the floor was in line.

Cyntoria had become accustomed to it, after all. After the first two weeks or so, she had it down packed. She knew exactly how she wanted her business to operate. How she wanted everything to look, how she wanted the people to feel. She had always been a great business woman. She kept order in her establishment, and took great pride in this investment that both she and her husband had built.

Everything looked nice from what she could see. The first floor was rolling smoothly. Dance floor swept and mopped just an hour before set open time. The bar counter clean, stools perfectly aligned and bottles organized on their assigned racks. Dj booth set up in the corner, lights low yet bright enough to guide the club goers throughout their time spent at Club Heartz.

The woman nods in approval, that itchy perfectionist side of her feeling a tinge of pride and satisfaction. She runs her hands down her cream colored, body hugging dress. Eyes staring at her 6inch red bottom shoes. In just another hour or so she would be able to sit down for the night, and maybe even leave early.

"Hey Cyn, did you guys ever update the system for discount night? I need my girls to know for when it's time to bring bottles out."

At the sound of the familiar feminine voice, Cyntoria picks her head up and looks in the direction of it. Standing to her right was Allison Santiago. A beautiful, 5'3 tan skinned Latin woman. Lucious black hair flowing down her back, her assigned uniform clinging to her body in a manner that compliments her curvy, thick frame. A smile spreads across her face once she makes eye contact with Cyntoria, her pretty white teeth shine beneath her glossy pink lips.

"Yes. Skylor did." Cyntoria replies. "You look great. Are the girls comfortable? Do you guys need anything?"

"We're fine, mami. You need to take a break. You've been strutting in those red bottoms since 8 pm." Allison giggled light heartedly. Cyntoria applauded the girl in always being able to remain calm in stressful situations. But Cyntoria wasn't that person.