Sorting Differences

When I woke up later that day, I got dressed back into the same clothes as before and made my way towards the museum. The moon was rising and It was starting to get dark out side. Once I entered the museum I notice it was completely empty, 'strange I though Dr McPhee said there was another night guard'. Looking down at my watch, it read almost five to six, 'he must be running late'.

Suddenly I heard foot steps coming from behind me. When I turned around I saw a man, probably in his late thirties early forties, coming into the museum. I guessed he was the man Dr. McPhee was taking about. "Hey, I'm sorry but we're closed." I walked up to him and began to explain who I was.  "I'm Katerina, the new night guard." 

I noticed recognition cross his face at the mention of my name. He stretched out his hand and I shook it. "Hi nice to meet you, I'm Larry." I saw he had a duffle bag over his shoulder and immediately became confused. "What's in the bag." He quickly looked at the bag then back to me. "Supplies." I didn't understand what he meant by supplies, but none the less followed him over to the front desk.

While Larry was busy, I stared walking off wanting to look at the exhibits. When I heard his voice I turned around. "Be carful, the museum isn't safe once the sun sets." I gave him a look of confusion. "What do you mean it's not safe?" From the look on his face I could tell he was thinking about what he was going to say next. "Look you might think this is crazy but at night after the sun goes down all the exhibits come to life." My mind blanked for a second at his words, really I didn't know what to think. I enjoyed 'crazy' things like the Lochness monster and Mummies in Egypt, but this was just random. 

"I promise you I'm not joking, but the museum really does come to life." I could tell he believed what he was saying just by the look on his face and decided to play along. "I believe you." Relief seemed to wash over his face and he seemed to relax a lot more. "While you get on with this, I'm going to go and check the exhibits." He looked at me with a look that said 'are you serious'. "If your going to go wandering around at least be carful about where you go." I nodded my head in response and went to go and check on the exhibits before they 'woke up'.

I was walking down one of the corridors when I heard yelling coming from the room in front of me. 'Was someone still inside the museum'? What I saw next was really strange and unbelievable. There right before my eyes were tons of miniature Romans and Cowboys trying to break down the walls to their exhibits.

Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves and confusion, I walked over to the centre of the room and shouted. "What on earth is going on in here?" Both the Cowboys and the Romans turned to face me, but it was the cowboy, who I'm guessing was the leader, who spoke. "Who the hell are you." Deciding to accept what my eyes could quite clearly see I answered. "I'm Katerina the the new night guard. Now can someone tell me what's going on." I kept my voice steady not wanting them to realise how unnerved I was by all this. This time it was the Roman general who spoke.  "We expanded or we die."

The Roman who I now believed to be Octavius, after glancing at his exhibits plaque, continued to order his men to break down the wall. I couldn't help but laugh knowing it would never happen, so I walked over to both exhibits picking up both Octavius and Jedediah as I went along and carried them over to the bench in the middle of the room.

Sitting down and placing the two miniatures upon the back rest I spoke. "Ok you two I don't know what your trying to accomplish here, but I can tell you trying to break down the wall is not going to happen." My comment was entirely appreciated by either of them though Jedediah was the one who had something to say. "What do you know missy?" I looked down to be closer at eye level with them. "Well I can tell the two of you don't get along." This time instead of Jed it was Octavius who spoke. "With all due respect my lady, these barbarians can't coincide with us." After being silent for a few seconds they both started arguing again and after a minute it started to get really annoying.

"Ok you two I'm going to make you a deal. If you two can be civil with one another for tonight in this room ,then I let you have free rain of the museum tomorrow night." Jed took a step forward and said "you would do that?" I smiled down at the both of them in response. "Mhm. So do you two think you can behave for tonight?" The two nodded with a smile on both their faces, Jed tipped his hat in appreciation and Octavius bowed as way of showing his. Soon after they both agreed I decided to  I continued with my walk around the museum.