Eyes of Stone, Skin of Stone

First Person~~Becca Blue

I woke up in someone's arms, I tried to squirm, but we were moving fast, and when I looked up I saw the sky and brown curls.

"Mmm," I mumbled, moving my head to rest against this person's chest. My head was swimming and throbbing at the same time, and my whole body ached.

"Hey, hey, we're almost there, alright? Just hang on, you'll survive this." A voice said, and I passed out again.

When I woke up again, I was laying on the floor with two people talking above me. Chip and Trixie. Finally, I had put together what had happened. The girl from four had hit me with her sword on my leg and my back, and my arms. I winced as I pushed myself up.

"No, no, no," Trixie said, "lay." she commanded.

"She's like a nurse back home, a medic." Chip answered. I chuckled because it reminded me of my friend Prim.

"Did you get the bags? The mines?" I asked, turning my head to Chip who was staring at me, he hadn't slept since the beginning of the games, and looked exhausted.

"Everythings taken care of, I have all three bags you got, plus the mines. Trixie and I are gonna wire them tomorrow." He said. "Now sleep," Chip said tenderly, placing a gentle hand on my forehead, that brought me back home, but I stayed persistent.

"No, you need to sleep," I said, "you haven't slept in almost three days, you'll die of exhaustion before anything else." I persisted, he looked shocked.

"Don't worry about me, sunshine, I'll be-"

Before he could finish, beeping filled the air, we all looked up, and it was a parachute! From a sponsor!

It was marked 3+12, Chip grabbed it out of the air and opened it.

"It's some sort of cream." He said, "and there are pills too."

"It must have been expensive." I muttered, looking up at Chip. Trixie crawled over, and inspected it. Chip held the note in front of my face, smirking. He made sure to literally shove it in front of my eyeballs, maybe so none of the cameras couldn't pick up what it said.

Capitol loves you two, keep it up, lovebirds ~H&B

"I've seen this, the cream is from the Capitol, it heals wounds in less than a day, the pills are morphling, to dull the pain." Trixie said, "Here, pull your pants down so I put it on your wound." Trixie said, and then I realized I would also probably have to take my shirt off too. Chip spun around, and Trixie helped me get the cargo pants down. I didn't even realize that Chip was using his body to shield mine from the cameras. A little bit of me wanted to thank him for it, but what was I supposed to say? Thanks for making sure I didn't flash all of Panem? I decided squeezing his hand was a good enough option.

Trixie lathered the cream on, and as it mixed in with the fresh wound and the still-wet blood, my leg started burning. I winced, and Chip grabbed my hand, squeezing it.

"Burning means it's working.' Trixie said, wrapping a piece of cloth around it, and putting my pant leg back on. She then did the same thing to my back, but she needed Chip's help to hold the shirt up and off my back. So, he held the shirt and my hand as she lathered the fire-cream on my wounds.

"There, all done." Trixie said, and Chip lowered my shirt.

"Now, get to sleep," Chip said, placing his hand back on my forehead.

"What did I just say?" I asked, mimicking Chip's crooked smile.

"She's right, both of you go to sleep, I'll keep watch, and if something happens, I'll wake you up." Trixie interrupted, and I agreed. Chip looked annoyed, but I guess the exhaustion took over him because before I knew it, he laid down next to me and was out.