2. The Meeting

I stood in front of the 20 story building built of glass

I stood in front of the 20 story building built of glass. Malhotra Group's head office. I have heard great things about the CEO, apparently she started this company only when she was 22 years old and managed to make it one of the best companies to exist in India in just 3 years.

However, she was never in the public eye, making me curious about her. I tried to look her up on all the social media platforms but her accounts are private.

My chain of thoughts gets broken as I saw my assistant, Abhimanyu, waving his hands from the entrance of the building. I take off my sunglasses and walk towards him.

"Good morning sir, you're just in time. Apparently, the CEO of Malhotra Group also reached 5 minutes ago." He stated as we entered the lift.

"Okay, are we ready with the presentation?" I asked him and in reply he nodded his head with confidence.

I am the CEO of Singhania Designs but this position was handed to me in a silver platter. I know I should be grateful, and I am but I am trying to prove my worth.

If I told the interior designing team to go for the meeting on their own and update me later, they would have but I chose to be present here, trying to tell people that I am not someone who just order his employees without knowing anything.

Malhotra Group consists of fashion, hotels and various products. Today we were called because they are opening another branch of their hotel near Navi Mumbai and want us to design the interior.

Ting!

As the lift opened I stepped out with Abhimanyu. A woman around her early-thirties comes towards us with a smile on her face.

"Good morning Mr. Singhania and Mr. Jain, I am Sania. Ms. Malhotra's manager. I am the one who coordinated everything with Mr. Jain on call." She introduces herself and Abhimanyu greets back.

"When should we start with the meeting?" Abhimanyu asked as we spotted our interior designing team already in the conference room.

"You both can settle in the conference room 1 as your team is already getting prepared there. We shall start in the next five minutes as ma'am is attending an urgent call. It won't take more than five minutes." She replied and led us to the conference room.

I like this office. The interior, the space management, the colour coding. Most of the offices don't have a spacious break room but the break room here can fit 10 people together without getting it crowded.

I sat on the chair beside the main one as my team greeted me. I wished them luck and started noticing other things on this floor but my eyes landed on a particular woman wearing the same beige pants, black three fourth sleeve crop top, 4 inches of black high heels and her wavy hair open coming down till her waist.

The Mercedes woman.

I don't hold a grudge for a long time but this woman got on my nerves this morning. But what I am praying for right now is for her to not be someone I am thinking she is.