Sick Day

"Mia?" "Mia?" Mia was looking out the window one day at work, her hand holding her chin up. Her partner, Tommy was trying to get her attention, but she was in some sort of trance. "Mia?" She snapped out of it. "Huh? Yeah?" "I asked if you wanted to take a lunch break. Are you feeling ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine." Tommy knew she was lying and he parked the car at an empty shopping mall parking lot and turned to face Mia. "You're not ok," he stated. Mia's face was pale and her bangs were plastered to her sweaty forehead. "Tommy, I'm fine. Where do you want to go for lunch?" "Back to the precinct." "What?" "You're obviously not ok. I'm gonna tell Sarge that we both need to take the day off." "It's fine, I'll tell Sarge that I need to go home, you don't need to take the rest of the day off." But Tommy had already. made up his mind. "I've already decided." 

"You didn't have to do that," Mia said as she got in Tommy's truck. A few minutes later, Mia fell asleep. Tommy smiled as he glanced over to the passenger seat. After about ten minutes, Tommy got to Mia's house and parked. He smiled when he saw Mia still asleep. "Hey, we're here," he whispered, softly. Mia's eyes fluttered open and she smiled. "Thanks, Tommy," she said as she unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the truck door. They walked to her door, and she unlocked it. "Go sit on the couch, I'll get you a glass of water. Do you have a sore throat?" Mia nodded, "Thanks." "Don't mention it." After a few minutes, Mia fell asleep again. Tommy checked her temperature, she still had a fever. 

A few hours later, Mia awoke to the smell of chicken noodle soup on the coffee table in front of her along with a glass of water and some medicine. Tommy was in the kitchen, cleaning and humming. He glanced over a few minutes later to see her eating. "You're awake." "Yeah." "Do you feel any better?" "Yeah, actually." Mia finished her soup and thanked Tommy again. "You didn't have to do all this for me," she said. "I know," Tommy replied, "But I wanted to. You're always there for me when I need you, so I wanted to be there for you when you needed me." Mia smiled, feeling a warm sensation in her chest. "Thank you," she said. Tommy nodded, "Of course. Now get some rest, and if you need anything else, just give me a call." Mia thanked him again and went to bed, feeling grateful for having such a caring and supportive partner.

A/N So this is my first story. I hope y'all like it. Hit me up if you have any prompts or ideas I should add in my next one! <3 Taylor